Tsw 2020 Delisted From Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by slenderman7676RBLX, Dec 25, 2021.

1. slenderman7676RBLX

slenderman7676RBLX Member

Hi there. I've only just found out now via a TS FB group that TSW 2020 has been delisted from the Steam store. It doesn't affect me since I already own it but iirc the DLC for it is still up. From my research buying the TSW 2020 DLC will automatically give you it in TSW 2 as well provided it is available in TSW 2. I would like to hear your thoughts as to how come it's ended up in this state. Obviously with TSW 2 being out 2020 is practically dead (unless you want to experience NEC NY which was apparently too hard to be ported to 2.)
    Source:
    upload_2021-12-25_21-43-24.png

2. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I am the one who posted this, I only found out about this by chance as I was looking for the manual for a route from TSW 2020 I noticed DLC was on sale but the game was not?

In fairness to DTG, they are not supporting the game anymore and routes and trains you have for 2020 you get for TSW2 (except one train dlc and route) if you own them. It makes sense to delist 2020 now as they would only want people to buy TSW2, and 2020 has plenty of bugs and issues (especially around achievements) that wont be fixed. I think DTG were right to delist it and it may be delisted on console as well soon I would imagine

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And by now all of the old 2020/Preserved Collection routes have been upgraded to a newer standard in TSW2

4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Gone on PlayStation as well, although strangely all the DLC is still available.

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've noticed that DLC I bought for TSW2 doesn't automatically get me the TSW2020 version. Not that I play TSW2020 anymore, but I was under the impression that preserved collection would get you the DLC for both games when you bought it for one of the games, was it not?

6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Only in one direction. TSW2020 DLC gets you the TSW2 version as well, TSW2 DLC doesn‘t get you the TSW2020 version. This has always been the case - presumably to not confuse people who came aboard with TSW2 and thus don‘t know why they‘re getting DLC licenses for a game they don‘t even own.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

You can get TSW 2020 collectors edition on both PS and Xbox but base version has gone, it just makes sense to delist, TSW2 has replaced it and they don't update 2020 anymore so it makes sense

8. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

It makes sense and hopefully will help reduce the confusion having both available to people new to the train simulation genre

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Not true, the old NEC, GP40-2, and SW1000 + Cab Car are still missing, not that anyone cares that much about them, but it's still worth noting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Really the SW1000R is the only one worth bringing back, so hopefully they will. They still have all the modules though, so I'd assume all will come back in the future.

11. KNIGHTAL

KNIGHTAL New Member

Iv’e owned TSW 2020 with several DLC,s. I recently bought TSW2 on a Steam sale $AU8.50. All my old DLC is available and I was impressed by the increase in motor vehicles moving along the roadways.
    My only disappointment is there is still no Track IR support.

12. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

TrackIR is supported - use it all the time - make sure TrackIR is running when you launch the game -

• Like Like x 1
  13. diesel power

diesel power Member

Many people (including me) also want the GP40-2 back and it is worth bringing it back as well

14. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

It's honestly kind of odd they haven't brought the GP40-2 back yet, it could fit on many different US routes. You could make it as a DLC for Sand Patch easily, probably Boston Sprinter and Sherman Hill as well with some modifications. Or alternatively include it in a another upcoming route instead, would be a nice alternative to seeing the GP38-2 & SD40-2 again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

The GP40-2 was a DLC for Sand Patch (the 3 scenarios that come with it are for Sand Patch and of course it worked in NEC NY too), which makes it surprising that it wasn't transferred to TSW2.

I understand why the SW1000 wasn't transferred since it was specific to NEC NY and Amtrak. I could be applicable to Rush Hour - Boston Sprinter, but not sure if there are switching opportunities in Boston Sprinter. Would be nice to see it find a place.

Would be nice to see NEC NY fixed and brought to TSW2 also - but they would have to fix it, which is probably why it didn't get transferred.

16. KNIGHTAL

KNIGHTAL New Member

Thanks for the info I didn't realise it was supported. I have since fired it up and can confirm it is supported. :)

17. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

As far as I understand it's because it was a DLC for NEC on consoles (they didn't have Sandpatch). In some way, shape, or form this has hindered its ability to be ported to TSW2.

Cheers