Tsw 2020 Gone But Should It Be Forgotten?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Aug 4, 2022.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Yes i know you can still play it and probably still buy it and it's dlc's.But with all the issues TSW2 having would going back to play it again have you any worse off then playing TSW2.I know it was left in a unfixed condition but at this point does one really lose much either way other then the dlc TSW2020 doesn't have.?

Note:one thing that still surprises me is since dtg LUV's to recycle content from older dlc is the fact they haven't yet found a way to reuse the Amtrak SW1000R switcher and the Amtrak Ex Metroliner AM Fleet cab car.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Bearing in mind that all but one TS2020 routes have been converted to TSW2, I can’t see any reason for playing TS2020. Also, you won’t get any of the preservation updates on the routes.

• Like Like x 4
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Considering how I would have to repurchase everything in tsw2020 since I've only gotten the tsw2020 version of the preserved routes, I wouldn't go back to it. Now, tsw2020 has things that are much better than tsw2 such as better sound quality but that's about it.

Now talking about the cab car and the switcher, there really isn't a route in tsw2 where it would fit lol. The boston route doesn't use the cab car irl. The switcher doesn't really have a route to place it in either lol. If a route in the future has it irl, then it would be a great. For now, we can only hope it comes for those who really want them

4. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

They could have the switcher in LIRR considering you pass the yard on that route!

5. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

6. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I don’t think it should be forgotten as it was the starting point, just it’s use is quite limited now

the only real reason to go back would be for me is if I had a want to use NEC New York.

I did buy all the preservation add ons just in case their was ever a issue (Big Bug) with TSW2 and I was really in the mood to go on TSW. In the end there was no harm in buying the cross compatible versions so why not own both

• Like Like x 4
  7. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

If you buy TSw 2 you can buy tsw 2020 just to get 3 routes at a discounted price, 3 tsw 2020 routes come €49 if you buy those same routes just in tsw 2 version you have to pay 3 times €30 in total €90. It was what i have made, buyed TSW 2 ticket season edition 6 routes at €9.99 in a store discount in xbox version then i have buyed tsw 2020 to get those 3 preserved routes at discount in tsw 2. I buyed all routes for tsw 2020 again in the end. loool