Tsw 3 - Belfast To Portadown. (northern Ireland)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Odhranamaru15, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Odhranamaru15

Odhranamaru15 Member

I am a very regular user of Train Sim World, and I enjoy using the sim to improve my skills and learn new things about the railway. However, beingfrom Northern Ireland I cannot help but loathe the complete absense of Ireland as a whole throughout the Train Simulator franchise. Of course this may be due to lack of info or videos from upfront/permission from TOCs. However Translink NI Railways have recently been posting full cab ride videos on their YouTube channel (these videos are from 2012) and here is the video of the Portadown line:

Rolling stock may include:

NIR CAF Class 3000 DMU https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIR_Class_3000
    NIR CAF Class 4000 DMU https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIR_Class_4000

Over here, all signalling, safety systems and cab layouts are the same as the rest of the UK. This route is only around 30 miles long and features superb scenery and offers a fantastic driving experience whether it's an express or stopping service. (Note that track guage is 5ft 3in)

Overall I think that Ireland and Northern Ireland deserve a bit of recognition here, and I hope that soon this can be looked at and maybe planned or at least sketched and attempted. As more information about these routes becomes available it becomes easier to get a picture of theirstructure and components. I hope to see some action taken on this suggestion soon,

Thank you,
    Odhrán

• Like Like x 4
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring it on and this going to be the first broad Gauge route for uk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Odhranamaru15

Odhranamaru15 Member

I'll keep suggesting till' it's done!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Same here. I’ll keep requesting dublin - Cork, Belfast and Waterford until it’s done!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Diceman

Diceman New Member

How do we realistically suggest this to DTG and get them to pay any attention to it?

I would love the NIR network in TSW. It's not that big in its entirety so is surely doable without leaving any of it out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Odhranamaru15

Odhranamaru15 Member

I have twice, both on here and on Rivet's forum. There needs to be enough demand for it to be profitable for DTG or Rivet. We need more people to suggest it. But ultimately it's up to them as a company to decide, and all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lukeplayz#2543

lukeplayz#2543 Member

Honestly, I’d like to see Dundalk - Belfast. Would be nice to drive the Enterprise sets.

8. driverwoods#1787

I agree and Dundalk ends the ROI CAWS begin AWS TPWS DSD Driver's Remainder Appliance NIR and UK Non HS1 tracks

9. lukeplayz#2543

lukeplayz#2543 Member

Yep, the entire section to Dundalk is on UK Safety Systems. Everything after is CAWS.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

That's the easy part for DTG the UK Safety systems but Track gauge is the problem it's 1.6m Irish Gauge instead of 1.435m gauge. Training Centre needs quad Track dual gauge to accommodate NIR Australian States of South Australia and Victoria and then the future Japanese Australian States of Queensland and Western Australia Cape Gauge and lastly Standard Gauge. Since the Devs made it clear all intros are now the Training Centre.

11. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

is the arosa line sets in the training center?

12. driverwoods#1787

Not in the training center it's on the route itself since the Anniversary pack and base route Arosa were made for TSW 2 not TSW 3.

13. twinboo

twinboo Active Member

If they have this route they’d need to have an Enterprise DLC, it would be cool to see — imagine if an add-on akin to DLoGW came out featuring the 80 Class and GM or Hunslet diesels!

14. lukeplayz#2543

lukeplayz#2543 Member

Maybe an NIR route aswell during the loco hauled era?