Train Sim World 3 Tsw 3 London Euston-birmingham New Street (wcml)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by danielbrown07, Jan 28, 2023.

1. danielbrown07

danielbrown07 Member

For this suggestion I am suggesting the route from London Euston to Birmingham new street which via London Northwestern Railway would call at: Leighton Buzzard, Bletchley, Milton Keynes Central, Wolverton, Northampton, Long Buckby, Rugby, Coventry, Canley, Tile Hill, Berkswell, Hampton-in-Arden, Birmingham International and Birmingham New St.
    Other London Northwestern Railway services would be to Northampton calling at: Harrow & Wealdstone, Watford Junction, King's Langley, Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted, Tring, Leighton Buzzard, Bletchley, Milton Keynes Central and Northampton.
    Services terminating at Tring would call at: Harrow & Wealdstone, Watford Junction, Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted and Tring.
    Services to Liverpool Lime Street & Crewe would call at Milton Keynes Central and Rugby where it would head off via Nuneaton to lime st and Crewe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Class 350 will be used on all of the above services.

Avanti West Coast will call at (on a normal service) : Milton Keynes Central,Rugby, Coventry, Birmingham INTL and Birmingham New St.
    Other services include ones to:
    Manchester Piccadilly which branch off at Milton Keynes Central,
    Liverpool Lime Street which branches off at Rugby,
    Edinburgh which does not call at Milton Keynes Central but ends at Birmingham New Street (same as Euston to Glasgow Central),
    Trains to chester,Bangor,Holyhead etc will only stop at Milton Keynes or will be non drivable AI.
    The trains used will be as shows:
    Class 390:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Standard class^
    [​IMG]
    First Class ^
    [​IMG]
    Class 390 Cab.

Class 221 Voyager
    [​IMG]
    Interior is identical to that of a class 390 pendolino (pre refurbishment).
    [​IMG]

Route details:
    This route is around 103 miles long if you include the Northampton branch which takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes complete via Avanti west coast and 1 hour 50 via London Northwestern Railway. I have come up with this because of the fact that dtg already has the licensing to Avanti West Coast which means all is left is LNWR licensing as well as Siemens for the class 350 and Alstom for the class 221 and 390. despite this being a large cost, the sheer amount of people that will buy it will be outstanding. The timetables used can be found linked below.
    LNWR: https://www.railtables.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/railtables/wmt/dec17/table01_ln.pdf
    AWC: https://www.railtables.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/railtables/virgin/dec11/table5.pdf
    Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope that dovetail games takes this into consideration as they have done this route on Train Simulator which was a fan favourite for many.

• Like Like x 15
  2. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

I mean its not impossible - I just dont see it happening soon. Albeit your missing two operators - LO and Southern. Southern do metro services to I belive Milton Keynes. And ofcourse LO is Euston-Watford.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

A bit long for tsw at the moment being 112 miles (skw is a few miles longer but with the dlcs coming out to tsw3 now I doubt a 100 miles + route will come out). Another section of the WCML will be good, maybe London Euston to Milton keynes which is 49 miles long and have the same operators and I'm pretty sure all the 390s stop there.

4. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

No not many actually. The pre-COVID VHF (very high frequency) timetable in place since the late 2000s was 9 trains per hour out of Euston. The ones in bold stop at Milton Keynes Central and the one in red stops at Watford Junction.
    xx00 to Manchester via Stoke. First stop Stoke-on-Trent
    xx03 to Birmingham. First stop Rugby
    xx07 to Liverpool. First stop Stafford
    xx10 to Chester. First stop Milton Keynes Central
    xx20 to Manchester via Stoke. First stop Milton Keynes Central

xx23 to Birmingham. First stop Watford Junction then Coventry
    xx30 to Glasgow. First stop Warrington Bank Quay
    xx40 to Manchester via Crewe. First stop Crewe
    xx43 to Glasgow/Edinburgh via Birmingham. First stop Milton Keynes Central

There are some early morning/late night and peak times which may stop additionally at Milton Keynes but the above gives a pretty good idea for most of the day. The timetable has changed a lot and it is currently 7.5 trains per hour out of Euston (was 4 trains per hour until the most recent December timetable change!) Milton Keynes Central still gets 3 trains per hour from London Euston though.
    I would agree though that we need to be realistic in our aspirations so Euston to Milton Keynes Central might be a good starting point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

adding the wcml to milton keynes would be a very bad business decision. maybe a trent valley tbh

• Like Like x 4
  6. pessitheghost

great suggestion in general, would fill out the empty birmingham new street and is a good base for future wcml routes. i feel like we could see a ecml or wcml this year

• Like Like x 1
  7. lucasfor49

I don't honestly. I see it becoming the selling point route to tsw4 like how KGW was to tsw3, Bakerloo to tsw2 and SPG for tsw

• Like Like x 1
  8. pessitheghost

yeahh, but we might see a different part of it that might not be the london end (WCMLOS, ECML York -Newcastle, WCML Trent Valley like a part of it outside ldn) and TSW4 won’t come out this year, so they’ll need something to keep the game alive

9. Folup1372#8582

Folup1372#8582 Well-Known Member

That would be very cool

10. alex.flume

alex.flume Member

I would genuinely love this. Good suggestion. Hopefully it is this year's big summer release.

11. jack#9468

jack#9468 Well-Known Member

Hasn't this exact route already been mentioned before?

I've seen it suggested a few times on here?

12. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

yes

13. pessitheghost

Well we might be getting tsw4 this year ;)

14. pessitheghost

I would love new freight with this DLC

15. lucasfor49

I refuse to belive that untill theres actually valid evidence.

The leaks can easily be forged and I don't see DTG ruining the every other year system they already have - Unless its a yearly core update (which I would personally love if thats the case)

16. pessitheghost

To be honest, in my opinion the site looks quite legit, because why would they be leaking a game as niche as Train Sim World

17. lucasfor49

I'm still trusting nothing until there's either an epic/steam leak or an offixal announcement.

18. darrentee01

darrentee01 Member

I think it's an awesome idea for a route,but in the greater sceme of things it's a bit to long for what's most on offer in tsw3 and iin real life it's a very busy route,it would need a really good timetable for freight and passenger services to do it justice

19. jack#9468

jack#9468 Well-Known Member

We can dream, can't we?