Tsw Console. Is It Worth It? Graphics & Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by StarTr3k1701, Jun 10, 2018.

1. StarTr3k1701

StarTr3k1701 Member

I plan on pre-ordering the PS4 edition of TSW and the only thing that has really started to worry me is all the problems i have seen with the xbox version (low framerate, render distance ect) and i really dont want to spend £45 on a game which does not live up to its full potential. Another thing which worries me is the lack of content and the idea of all added vehicles being DLC rather than included in updates. I believe in TSW but until i know these things will not be a problem then i dont think i will be happy spending my money on it.

2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Don't know about framerate, but draw distance of the tracks is really atrocious, you can judge by yourself looking at the reveal stream.

That's not a problem, that's how train and flight simulators are. You get pretty bare-bone game with some basic content (like this £45 bundle) and then over time build your own collection of things you like, and such things takes time and money to develop. We don't have official statement on this yet, but it is fairly safe to assume that you won't have any additional content as free updates, exceptions being some promo actions or discounts in the future. Although you should have new features (multiplayer, improved physics, destination boards and so on) added for free as core game will be updated over time.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

the Console versions will be (close to) up-to-date with the PC version upon release. And there will be more updates/new features and DLC/add-ons in the near future, just the way it is in Train Simulators like Jef said.

4. StarTr3k1701

StarTr3k1701 Member

Im new to simulators so thank you for telling me what to expect, much appreciated