Tsw Editor Questions

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Reeon1999, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

So I understand the editor hasn't been released yet however I would like to start working on some projects that I've begun collecting data for. I would like to know the following please:
    1. Will the editor support imported DEM data sources for importing terrain data similar to how Train Simulator 2020 supports SRTM data for terrain?
    2. Is the Google Maps overlay usable in the editor to help with locations of buildings and track?
    3. Will the editor support imported GPS markers to locate important areas such as stations, depots, yards etc similar to how I can make locations in Google Earth Pro and import them with the blueprint editor to enable instant travel in the editor to a location or to see the pins on the map to help with locations of speed boards or signals that may have those 'pins'/gps markers associated with them.
    4. Is Blender good enough for making TSW assets or will I have to use other paid products such as 3dsmax?

Thank you in advance. I understand asking these questions now is pushing my luck however I would love to get started on some personal projects for TSW so that when the editor is released I'll already be a step ahead.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. ferrolun

ferrolun New Member

You will see how quickly they answer you DTG

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

That’s awesome.

4. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

To be honest I don't expect an answer because I'm asking questions about a product that's not yet released so it's fair to assume they won't and because of that It won't ruin my day. But it would be nice to know if the planning and data collection I'm doing is worth anything. I know what I'm doing now isn't much but It's a start.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

1. Yes. It supports native import of .HGT files to generate landscape tiles.
    2. Yes, however you need your own API key.
    3. Yes, you can import KML files and overlay them on the terrain
    4. Blender is good enough. You don't need 3DSMax or Maya.

Sources: TSC Discord, Matt's livestream in December 2018, my knowledge of UE4

A lot of these questions get answered by DTG in an unofficial capacity on the TSC Discord.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  6. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

Thank you for answering those questions for me. It's good to know that some work can be done before the editor gets released. I saw that you're the leader of the Northeast Corridor Development Project and have used Google Maps to plot a significant amount of landmarks. I'm glad that's still a feature. Good luck with that project by the way, 455 miles is a lot of track but I look forward to seeing the work you and your group produce!
    p.s Your tutorials helped me a lot with messing around with the TS editor so thanks!

• Like Like x 2