Tsw: Glorious Gargoyle

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Nov 14, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Unleash the power of the Ped and get hauling over the Tees Valley Line, as the BR Class 31 is available now for Train Sim World!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 10
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

As someone who really enjoys the Tees valley route the addition of the class 31 is just what it needed. Having a different option to do passenger services other then the 101 is what I had been waiting for and the class 31 fills that need along with adding the new cement wagons is really going to add to the experience and the wide open view from the cab is just perfect. I’m glad journeys and medals were added to this route. Great job DTG and everyone who was involved!

• Like Like x 6
  4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Sound from Armstrong Powerhouse? Nice! I've suggested collaborating with them a couple of times, nice to see my (and not just mine I suppose) wishes got heard here :)

I wonder what the chances for a collaboration with virtualRailroads and the likes for the German side of things are. :)

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And a layer for WSR too. Nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Looks like I might have to get the Tees line.. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. matthewbguilford

In my opinion Tees valley is one of the best routes in TSW. A lot of people were not happy with the length of the route but it was really the first time DTG really nailed not just driving the trains but making it feel like you were doing a task as well. It’s a really great route that’s expanded on with this release.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Good to hear! Definately tempted now!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Really, enjoying the Class 31!! The model, the sounds, the Scenarios and Timetables.
    The Class 31 is modelled in such a way that it feels like it has a History, Character and dare I say it a personality.
    Long live the Gargoyle!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

After playing the tutorial about 2/3 through, I have to say the sounds are fantastic!

After coupling the second set of cement wagons and uncoupling the entire set from my loco as instructed, I tried to return to the cab...
    I loved the sound of closing doors so much I forgot my keys inside! :(
    doors.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. thearkerportian

Upvote, Downvote, Useful... can we please get an LMAO rating DTG? :D

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Exactly my luck, locking myself out the first day on the job. Just because I don't want some suspicious-looking British bloke running off with my new loco!

PSA: Don't close the doors in the tutorial. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

When the sounds are done by AP, that's how you know it's good quality.

• Like Like x 1
  14. thearkerportian

...unless "someone" manages to mess them up so they don't work right for everybody... *suspiciously insuspicious whistle*

• Like Like x 1
  15. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

I've only played two scenarios yet, the introduction and the second in the Class 31 chapter of the journey mode which is called "Tankwagenärger" in german. Both were great, lots of shunting and changing directions. Even the Tees yard didn't feel empty because there were lots of freight wagons on the sidings and some trains passing by. Until now I'm very pleased with this DLC.

Edit: deleted some nonsense...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Nice, nice, I can't complain about anything except NTP-compatibility, sounds and model are amazing, nice with services for WSR and journey mode for TVL, new waggons... Well absolutely worth the money. I had some issues starting service on WSR, but there was a brake system switch in the other cab, just switch to vacuum passenger... They say "RTFML". But still waiting for NTP services.

17. TinTin_57

We also have track workers on the ‘Last Resort’ scenario. Small things like that make a big difference

• Like Like x 5
  18. matthewbguilford

While I was running the Caltrain route a while ago I noticed two passengers dressed in bright orange jumpsuits, I then realized these aren’t passengers but maintenance people and I almost couldn’t believe my eyes, when I saw the railroad workers in the scenario picture I finally believed in what I saw that day driving Caltrain. Little things like that make a huge difference overall especially in a train simulator like this. There are things we don’t even think about that make a huge difference in our experience!

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. TinTin_57

Haven’t seen the Caltrain guys yet. I’ll have to look out for them

20. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I can't seem to close the c0ck on the train brake air hose after I've opened it? Can anyone else?

21. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

Hi everyone,

Got to say hats off to DTG, had a couple of hours with the 31 last night and it's very, very good! Love the sounds, and the modelling of the loco and the wagons - they are absolutely brilliant. What really did it for me though was driving into tees yard in the Cement Circle scenario and seeing the yard and depot with more stock in than the past and the addition of workers here and there. It made the world feel much more alive and I was completely immersed! Huge thumbs up from me.

Ant

• Like Like x 4
  22. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Didnt know you could mess with it, apart from coupling and uncoupling? Will it not just automatically close or become switchable once coupled?
    Lol no, can move the others but not the main one once open. Wonder if theres a procedure to perform 1st? DominusEdwardius
    Tried it in a vacuum situation and an air brake service. Also unable to close.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  23. Digital Draftsman

It automatically opens when coupled, but you can manually open and close it. I was mid-way through a service and I had some time to kill so I was looking around the locomotive to see what works and what doesn't and apparently once you open the c0ck for the train brake pipe you can't close it again. I'll just have to abandon the service I think. But if others can confirm it won't close then it can be added as a bug.

24. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

tried it and same happened with me. Think its a bug yes.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Digital Draftsman

Does anyone else notice the sound of the engine disappear at around 20mph? There's still the track rumble sound and the whine of traction motors, but for me the chuggy sound of the engine disappears.

There are also AI controlled Class 31s driving around with the red tail light instead of the headcode lights on the front. See the first Class 31 you meet at Dinsdale on 2D92.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

On a particular 101 pull service I ran yesterday, yes. On other 101 pull services its been fine. Pulling freight or pulling the class 37, also been fine.

27. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

Yep, I get this too usually when I shut the throttle down quickly. I've had to cure it by shutting the engine down and restarting it. Which is fun hauling a heavy cement train... If I notch down slowly though the engine sound is fine. I also get the brakes coming on slightly in the same situation which is really annoying! Maybe that's my driving though haha...

Ant

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Armstrong Powerhouse sounds??? Sold. Hopefully I don't run in the issue a few others seem to be having

• Like Like x 1
  29. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The issue is supposed to get a patch fix early next week. Its a great pack otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  30. tmsb29

tmsb29 Member

Is that a layer adding extra services, or does it just swap in to the existing services?

• Like Like x 1
  31. Digital Draftsman

After playing this DLC for a while I can make some conclusions.

Assuming that DTG fix the sound issue with a patch next week, I'd say this DLC is a solid 9/10. It's well modelled, the sounds (when they work) are really good, the phyics seem realistic (within the current limitations of Simugraph) and there's good variety in terms of scenarios, passenger and freight services.

A couple of things which would have been easy to do and would have made the DLC a 9.5: Firstly a clean BR Blue or BR Green livery for WSR, whilst BR locomotives got very shabby in service you rarely see locomotives on preservation lines as dirty as the 31 depicted by DTG. Secondly a couple of Speedlink services; These services were the epitome of BR Railfreight in the 80s and having steel, coal and cement wagons together in one train would have given a nice showcase of the wagons and added yet more variety to the services on the route.

If you're thinking about buying this DLC, assuming next week's patch for the audio is released and effective, I'd say go for it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  32. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

apart from the sounds bug im enjoying the 31 dlc. i agree with digital draftsman that we should have a clean BR Blue 31 to run on WSR and not a scruffy dirty looking one, as for one in green im not so sure, because i was on WSR this year and was on a BR Blue 31 on there diesel gala day. i do think that we could have had some services on the coal runs and steel runs.

33. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I saw the sparks from the wheelslip on the live before the release but it’s not in. Is it a WIP futur feature or it was forgotten?

34. steadfast

steadfast Member

A speedlink trip or two, combining the PCA with the wagons already in the Tees Valley route would indeed be a good addition. Good shout!

• Like Like x 1
  35. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

Nice to see DTG partnering with third-party sound developers. Now if only they would collaborate with Searchlight Simulations...

36. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The sparks have always been there.

37. thearkerportian

Never heard of, let alone seen slipping wheels emitting sparks.

38. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Always been there ? Nope we just saw it on the last live on the Class 31 but it’s not there yet maybe in an upcoming update

39. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

40. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I never seen it even though I already did wheelslip there with the Class 66

41. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

It swaps the loco for out for the Class 31. So there is no extra layer of services on the WSR. Just on the Tees Valley.
    Would be nice for a layer of van freight or Class 101 drags on the NTP route. That would be great.

Cheers

Hentis