Tsw Is Secretly A Horror Game

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shackamaxon, Aug 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

I've got a story to tell you, folks.

One Saturday evening, after a long week of work I was playing my favorite train simulator ( with its highly immersive features ). I decided to serve Uncle SAM on its Clinchfield Railroad.

I took the CRR 97 ( Northbound Florida Perishable ) for a spin.

Leading my train was our faithful EMD F7 #812 with its buddies in A-B-B-A configuration.

I performed all the necessary setup required on a typical American freight diesel locomotive.

And we left Dante Yard in a jiffy...

After a while, I moved the camera to the back of my train to check if the caboose has left the siding so we can accelerate to 25mph ( and enjoyed the scenery a little longer after that ).

When I switched back to the first-person cam, my locomotive had already entered a tunnel...

I could barely see anything in the dark but I felt something was wrong as my companion ( the secondman ) wasn't sitting in his seat anymore.

So I turned the cab lights ON...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  2. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

image1.jpg

• Like Like x 26
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. lorenz

lorenz Member

I knew him. He was a good person. RIP Mark (your companion)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I saw a ghost on the Ebbsfleet platform in SEHS.

TSW2 SEHS ghost passenger.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. Is that where the sunlight leaks thru I wonder.

• Like Like x 3
  7. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

He's a shy guy, just wanted to blend in to the surroundings so nobody would bother him ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Enter a class 40 or 45 and go close to your 2nd crew man (sitting) from behind, until you glitch through his head.

Very spooky.

9. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

TSWX: Surgery Simulator

TSW2_Meridian_1661718371_00.png TSW2_Meridian_1661718395_00.png TSW2_Meridian_1661718412_00.png

• Like Like x 10
  10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Being serious, TS and TSW can be scary or at least spooky at times. The Helensdale Network route for Train Simulator has a particular scenario which was really well designed. The context for the scenario is that the last train of the day has broken down and you need to drive your train on an extra service to get people home (if only the rail railway was like that!). After a few stops you'll see an odd and out of place train on the opposite track, with the service name giving no details about it. In a longer section between stations where you'll go above ground you will reach a level crossing. In the pitch black you may be able to see the lights of a car on the tracks, and as you get closer you drive through a man standing on your track. This was something I didn't expect and somewhat shocked me, in a good way. Reaching the final stop, the track continues and a dim red light can be seen in the distance. Wondering what it was, I used the free camera to see what it was, and as you can expect another dark figure was on the tracks.

Writing it here doesn't convey the mood of the scenario very well but I'd recommend everybody with the route to try it. It was definitely one of the most memorable scenarios I've played and cleverly used TS' assets and quirks to create an experience that was a little bit spooky and a lot of fun. A great scenario to play on Halloween if you're into that.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  11. tacettinturkish#7174

tacettinturkish#7174 New Member

What route is Helensdale Network on?

12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It was available on the Steam Workshop but for some reason was removed. It's still available on UKTS. It requires the Isle Of Wight, WCML North and the South London Network. I expect it was removed from the Workshop due to quality concerns as while it was very ambitious and had plenty of charm, its execution wasn't perfect. The route is a large network of metro lines set in Scotland, almost as if there was a south-west Scotland equivalent of the TFL network, with 'deep tube' routes, larger sub-surface lines and National Rail lines, plus a few extras like a heritage railway. I had some fun with the route, especially with that scenario.

13. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Keep your head held high and you'll go far in this line of work.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 2