Tsw Mastery To Be Expanded?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by michael.j.meliambro, Jan 26, 2020.

1. michael.j.meliambro

michael.j.meliambro Member

Having gained some experience with TSW 2020: Deluxe Edition, I've come to observe that Dovetail's new Mastery feature and its rewards currently applies to only four routes: GW Express, Main-Spessart Bahn, Northern Trans-Pennine, and LIRR.

With this in mind, I am obliged to ask whether, in the future, Dovetail has plans to expand this feature across the board to other routes like the Peninsula Corridor, as included in the Deluxe Edition.

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think they'll expand it eventually, but they need to get it working consistently across the initial four first. Still quite a lot of activities not registering for many players. They said before Christmas that it was something they'd be looking at in the new year, so we'll hopefully see some improvement soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. michael.j.meliambro

Let's hope so, since every Scenario / Service counts!!!

4. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Just wondering ... is Mastery actually working again yet on Xbox?

I was all up and running ok, but then couldn’t log into Dovetail Live (in the game) and haven’t been able to since Dec last year.

According to this message board, someone from Dovetail acknowledged it was broken but I have never seen anything saying it has been fixed?

Think the comment previously, was something along the lines of Switch off Mastery and just enjoy driving trains (which I have been doing!)

5. Factor41

On PS4 it's exactly as it was for me - I can log in fine, but some trains track every journey (146.2, 166, 143, 101) and others never track (M7, HST, 185.2). There's clearly something fundamentally broken in the way the game, website and Mastery system communicate with each other – on a train, rather than route level – and I've seen nothing since the "We'll look in the new year" message to suggest it's any closer to a fix.

6. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Main-Spessart Bahn worked for me (I managed to unlock the diorama) but Long Island Rail Road doesn't. I completed Tier 1 but the diorama hasn't unlocked. I'm working on Great Western Express right now but I don't know what to expect. Also, it's an unfortunate design choice that we have to create a new profile to be able to unlock tiers within reasonable time. The higher level you are the more time it takes to unlock anything. If I ever touch Mastery again it will be on some brand new line where I am Level 0.

7. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Rewards for Mastery were included, but not implemented, with ECW for whatever reason. (Not my picture, credit goes to pschlik on the community Discord) The rewards are the Brighton Pride Festival and a new diorama based off of Newhaven Harbour. It remains to be seen whether or not these ever get 'officially' added.
    unknown.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. michael.j.meliambro

LOL I've only been playing for little more than a month, and I've had the same problem with Great Western Express Tier 1. My Mastery profile on the Dovetail site clearly shows that the diorama has been unlocked, and yet it doesn't seem to appear in the game under "Dioramas".

9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Last few times I’ve played I get “connection lost” on the mastery page within TSW itself on the console. Not that it was tracking anything for me anyway when it was showing up. I’ve all but abandoned bothering about making any further progress until it’s fixed at the backend

• Like Like x 2
  10. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

You mean it doesn't work on GWE either? :o If that's the case I won't "work" for it unnecessarily. This is disappointing.

11. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

There are definitely plans to add more rewards and Mastery challenges and rewards to other routes in the future, however I cannot give any specifics on when and what may be coming.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Good to be assured TrainSim-Dmitri!
    Are you counting with Mastery as defalut feature for new added routes?

13. Factor41

Fixing the existing Mastery challenges is definitely coming soon, though, right?!

14. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Absolutely, this is a number one priority over adding new Challenges.

• Like Like x 7
  15. michael.j.meliambro

Thanks for clearing it up!!! P.S. looking forward to the CN Oakville Sub!!!!

16. michael.j.meliambro

LOL, in that case, I guess I should be glad I completed the GWE "Journeys". Next up: LIRR!!

17. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I've honestly never seen any progress with mastery and now i just click through the screen when it loads up. Someone mentioned a higher profile level causing slower mastery progress- which, if true, at least unintentionally gives some actual (albeit negative) value to the previously pointless leveling system.

I'd personally prefer they devote development resources to core game improvements and new routes/locos/rolling stock, but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 2
  18. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Trying to finish teir 1 on GWR but can't get the challenge "Gain 5 levels on 166" to go past 4/5 been like it for the last 7 level ups,

• Like Like x 1
  19. mkymeyer

mkymeyer New Member

[QUOTE = "dreampage, post: 112991, member: 9394"] Die Main-Spessart-Bahn hat für mich gearbeitet (ich habe es geschafft, das Diorama freizuschalten), die Long Island Rail Road jedoch nicht. Ich habe Tier 1 abgeschlossen, aber das Diorama wurde nicht freigeschaltet. Ich arbeite gerade an Great Western Express, weiß aber nicht, was mich erwartet. Es ist auch eine unglückliche Designentscheidung, dass wir ein neues Profil erstellen müssen, um Ebenen innerhalb angemessener Zeit freischalten zu können. Je höher du bist, desto länger dauert es, etwas freizuschalten. Wenn ich Mastery jemals wieder berühre, wird es in einer brandneuen Zeile sein, in der ich Level 0 bin. [/ QUOTE]

20. mkymeyer

mkymeyer New Member

1. Hallo alle zusammen, ich hab ein richtiges Problem, wir spielen jetzt schon jeden Tag diese Aufgaben sehen alles und es gehört sich nichts im Tablo Anzeige, zum Beispiel 0/5 Aufgaben ich erfülle alle fünf und so weiter aber die blauen Balken bewegen sich nicht. Bin gegeben und und, aber ich fahre jeder umsonst. Kann mir jemand ein Tipp geben oder sagen war ich falsch gemacht hab oder ist das nur ein Fake. Ich spiele auf der Xbox One. Danke.

Vor einem Moment Bericht bearbeiten
      + Antwort antworten