PC Tsw Quality Pc Capable Software, But Content Now Dumbed Down For Console

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bulldog7, Aug 12, 2018.

?
  1. As a PC gamer No more purchased DLC support at all

20.5%
  2. As a PC gamer yes will continue to purchase more DLC's

56.8%
  3. I will now buy an X Box

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm reverting back to Train simulator

11.4%
  5. I would support but only when an editor is released

27.3%
  6. editor is not required for me to enjoy this.

15.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

I dont mean to be salty, and dont wish this to be a hate on either brand.
    I am on the fence with buying both the latest two dlc's for TSW . But I am finding from reviews that what I'm looking for in a DLC has somewhat been emitted from dlc's (ie the depth of play and scope for features that the PC offered is slowly missing from new content) since CSX Heavy Haul was released.

I hope I can keep the responses to the poll short and generalized. without overbearing on the companies good or bad decision to take this step. However hopefully get some idea as to the games longevity for the die hard pc enthusiast who seeks that extra detail in systems.

Please give me your Idea as to the communities honest feeling of TSW and the current direction for a PC sim.

Please note also, I have had train simulator since 2014 and own several DLC's for that, I also have had TSW since originally released,
    I only just found these forums yesterday and wanted to take an opportunity to ask, yes even an undoubtedly a TSW biased group for their opinion. As I'm hoping you have a better understanding of this games direction.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Interesting views so far , I will keep this poll open for quite sometime to get an accurate overall idea.
    Including over the upcoming Ruhr Sieg Nord DLC release as well. To show Im not a hater I have already bought both the upcoming Electric and the recently released UK DLC's , but still remain very speculative as to retaining the fidelity and originally offered game play that came with CSX.HH

3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

IMO the problem isn't necessarily consiles- it's the development time they get to work on these. CSX:HH took a whole year to develop, GWE took 6 months, and RT and everything after it was strictly 3 months each. They're getting better at optimizing things for both consoles and development time, and the last two dlc's are a visible improvement from NEC:NY and RT.

4. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

That's just the time between release of the DLC's, they where in development much longer. For RSN Matt said in a stream that it was in development for over 2 years.

5. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

I just wish TS looked like TSW, then I'd be all over it like stink on shite

As of now I just cant pull the trigger on ts2018

6. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

I have the base game CSX which I had brought in 75% off in the sale.
    I won't be buying any more DLC for this game. I would like to develop my own trainset and route in future.
    :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Enjoy yourself. Will you be missed? Not by me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Two separate train simulators, each with its own merits and demerits, most of which are matters of opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

For me it really comes down to how good the DLC looks in terms of the variety of activities available, how good the DLC play through looks as well as what work DTG has done. I didn't intend to get RSN initially but it certainly seemed to play well on the stream, there seemed to be a good range of passenger and freight activities and not just all from one end of the line to the other. I was encouraged by the comments that DTG had totally reworked the PZB signalling and the absence of very few negative comments from german commenters subsequently in the various forums. In the end I decided to stick my neck out and buy it.

By contrast I initially decided to get WSR but the stream of negative comments subsequently, the lack of variety in terms of locomotives together with my experience of using it meant that I decided to return it within the two hour usage limit. I skipped NEC initially but eventually decided to get it when it was going cheap as part of DTG's rationalisation of PC and console options. It did help that by then DTG had actually added the freight side of it by then. Given that the promise that GWE ATP and PIS would be added shortly has still to happen I certainly wasn't willing to believe DTG's promise that freight would be added to NEC until it actually occurred.