Xbox Tsw2 Current London Route Review And Improvements Needed

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by aydinbarker, Dec 31, 2021.

1. aydinbarker

aydinbarker New Member

I have played Train Sim World 2020 and Train Sim World 2 for about six months now and I have mixed reviews.

I loved London Commuter and Great Western Express. The amount of services and layers on London Commuter was insane (in a good way.) I loved the HST Class 43 it actually sounds pretty decent, but it is really starting to show its age. There is no P.I.S (Personal Information Screens) or P.D.B (Platform Departure Boards) on the 166/2 or at any of the stations, which is really annoying. The route feels quite dead with not enough trains services and people at stations, if there only was as many services as there are on London Commuter. They also need to extend the line to Greenford and make it go further than Reading. I would love to go at least as far as Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter or Penzance if we are lucky. I think they should introduce the class 800 or 802 and, 387/1 (in both GWR and Heathrow Express liveries) with the 166 and 43 HST as the route has started to feel a little bit bland.

I also purchased Southeastern High Speed - I was very disappointed. I thought it would be really good and realistic. I mean I love the 465/9 - best ever add-on in my opinion but the 375/9 and 395/0 are both absolutely awful with horrendous sounds and awful P.I.S unlike the 377/4 and 387/2 on London Commuter. The HS1 visuals are awful and the fences are poorly modelled. I think the route is really short and I would love to see the Chatham Mainline go to Dover Priory or go up to Charing X/Cannon Street/Victoria and, HS1 go at least up to Folkestone Central. I think the route has great potential - IF IT WAS PLEASE DONE BY DOVETAIL.

As previously said London Commuter is one of my favourite routes but it needs work. There are so many P.I.S and P.D.B bugs it is bloody infuriating . Half the services don’t say if it’s the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and when it is expected on P.D.B displays such as Three Bridges and Streatham Common and P.I.S (mainly on 387/2 and sometimes on 377/1 and 377/4) will say the last destination twice. E.g. if I was going to London Victoria from Clapham Junction from Platform 12 it will say, “Welcome aboard the Southern service to London Victoria calling at London Victoria and London Victoria” it is so annoying and Dovetail you really need to sort this out. Another thing is some services P.I.S and P.D.B just suddenly cuts off half way through listing the stations it calls at. E.g. “Welcome aboard the Southern Service to Milton Keynes calling at Clapham Junction, West Brompton, Olympia, Shepard” it really bugs me and it needs to be fixed. Some of the P.D.B are wrong and aren’t accurate when trains are splitting, which makes it really inaccurate and confusing. Dovetail also please fix the P.I.S on the rears of the 377/1 and 377/4 the font doesn’t work and would look better in the 387/2 font. Could they please also add P.D.B to Southeastern trains at London Victoria as it would make the station feel even more immersive. After Redhill the route slowly starts to seem more empty towards Brighton and I think the inclusion of the class 700/0 and 700/1 would make the route seem more interesting and busy as the London side of the route.

Overall, Train Sim World 2 has a lot to improve on and fix. I would love to see the Elizabeth line and maybe some the big mainlines such as East Coast Mainline or South Western Mainline. As there have no British routes on the roadmap for a while now.

Good luck in 2022!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I understand your frustrations but you really need to separate out the actual bugs (i.e. things that make the game unplayable) from things that are nice to have (such as PIS). It is then more likely that DTG will read your comment. It has been stated that extensions to existing routes are not something they intend to do so no joy there unfortunately.

If it’s any consolation, DTG are aware of the issues that you raise and, you never know, eventually we may get a resolution. :)

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, and I do have some good news, PIS (One the 166 and Platforms) is being added to GWE, per the roadmap. Just dunno when.

However, this sub-forum is for Bug/Technical Reports, not this stuff. This would be better suited for Xbox Discussion or Suggestions.

Saying as you've posted it here, I may as well say it as is.
    They will not do extensions, to GWE, or any other route. Not free, not paid. It's not happening. Also, Reading - Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter or Penzance would all be far too long to develop in one go, in a financial POV for Dovetail.

As for the rolling stock you mentioned, it won't happen either. The route is set in 2014/15, when electrification was being done on the GWML (The route represented). The 387 entered service on GWR in 2016 - and would require the overhead wires anyway - And it entered service on Heathrow Express in 2020 - but would be near enough pointless w/o an extension to Heathrow - which, again, won't happen.

The 800/802 have been near enough officially ruled out for GWE, with the 800 only even getting to the testing stage in 2016, entering service over a year later in 2017. The 802 entered service in 2018.

4. aydinbarker

aydinbarker New Member

Thanks for your reply trainsimplayer, my point was about GWE, they could remodel it slightly and set it a couple of years into the ‘future’ e.g 2018. They could possibly alter landscapes around it and add overhead wires up to Reading - I just think this good line would be even better to enjoy if it had these improvements to it.

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

But that would mean either having two versions of the Paddington-Reading run in competition with one another, set just a few years apart- or re-doing the route for the early 2020s- which would mean losing the HSTs and Turbos. The line was diesel, then it was electric; you can't have both at once.

(BTW, GWE is the oldest route in TSW and so it doesn't have a lot of the features added to the game later, like PIS and crossing gates. It's currently getting an update.)

6. aydinbarker

aydinbarker New Member

Even if they keep it around the same time - 2014. On the GWML Heathrow Express services were operated by the Class 332’s. They also operated Class 360/2 on Heathrow Connect (before TFL Rail) even if they don’t extend the line, those two add-on ideas would give the route variety and could include more services also making the route a bit busier at least.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022