Tsw2 Dtg 2/3 Rd Party Development Help?(u.s.a)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Apr 13, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

It's clear dtg got no shortage of 2nd and 3 rd party development teams to help beef up Germanys content which is great for german trains(I'm one of them a german train fan)But with dtg having such limited access to US assits why not find a US based 2nd or 3rd party development team to help with US content?People like US train to.It shorten build time and allow more testing time.Which means less time fixing time required.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Skyhook Games are making Cane Creek, and I expect more developers will join at some point soon.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is back to front. Why don't US train fans and devs contact DTG, sign up to the terms and agreements and then develop? I know the ones who are onboard at the moment have devved with TSC but I'm sure there are many smaller studios in the US who could do such a thing, so why aren't they?

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think most of them don't want to deal with relearning everything with the Unreal Engine, compared to what they have to work with to make content for TS21.

5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I doubt that they are against more 2nd and 3rd party devs, regardless of the focus-country. But there are three points that immediately come to mind:
    1. Someone needs to be confident to say "I can do this and I can make enough money from it to cover my work and to have something eft over for myself afterwards"
    2. Potential devs need to meet a certain level of standard in terms of coding and experience with UE4 and what not. Surely not everyone who knows to do a trick or two on UE4 is allowed to work for/with DTG.
    Like you also don't go to your company next door and apply for an accountants job because "I had maths in school"
    3. They need to have access to reference material and data and need to be legally allowed to use any licenses that DTG themselves might not hold (like brands, sound files etc.)

So it is just not a low entry bar to get working on/with TSW2.
    Plus, TSG said that making content for UE4 is harder and takes a lot more time. They have worked with DTG for a while now and even made content for TS1.
    So that is another hurdle that one must be willing to jump over.

6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Perhaps TSW is like the jump from the PlayStation 2 to the PS3. TSW, like the PS3, is far more capable than Train Simulator (PS2) but far more difficult to develop for.