Tsw2 Hma Route Extremely Dark

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kdana457, Feb 22, 2022.

1. kdana457

kdana457 New Member

I just opened the HMA route for the first time in a few months and decided upon a night run just to find it is extremely dark. This on departure from Munchen Pasing, heading to Augsburg. Is this an issue on my end or TSW? I don't seem to remember it being this hard to see at night. Although, maybe the most recent Dresden routes have spoiled me with the presence of headlights. Let me know if more info is needed, thanks in advance.
    EDIT: Seems like this only affects the 18:44 ICE 510 to Wiesbaden HBF (so far). upload_2022-2-21_19-35-17.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  2. Speedster

Speedster Active Member

It's not just HMA, most routes are extremely dark in the period just after sunset. If you keep driving for a while you'll find the light switches to a sort of "night mode" where there's a bit more ambient light.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Could try playing with your monitor settings as mine were previously a bit dull until Googling the optimum values for gaming - just don't burn your eyes out making the screen too bright. That said, TSW is a pretty grim experience driving at night, even areas such as towns and cities which in reality should be awash with ambient light look more like something out of the Middle Ages. DTG seem uninterested in fixing this or providing additional in game tools such as a gamma slider to help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The night lighting in TSW varies wildly between routes, and services within each route. I just did a service in CRR which had plenty of moon and starlight, but some services are completely dark and unplayable. CRR is not helped by the " birthday candle " headlights on both locos. Sherman Hill is unnaturally bright at night and others, like Dresden, are pitch dark when you get away from the eery orange light of the city. Cathcart is very dark and I would not travel it at night because of the dark and scary stations.
    Lighting or lack of it continues to be one of the largest elephants in the room as far as DTG is concerned.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 5