Tsw2 Hud Suggestions -

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cjc74, Oct 4, 2020.

1. cjc74

cjc74 New Member

If dovetail games wants to improve sales I'm fairly certain the game would be improved in every aspect if they took these suggestions ---

1. there should be options to have different HUDs other than large and small - the time in the top left is a good idea but the yellow and red and blue stripes under it looks really bad - there should be an option to change it or get rid of it because it takes away from the realism if people want the HUD and the HUD itself makes the game look fake and crude now - at least have an option to change it other than just on / off + big / small because those dumbed down aspects of the game and fake looking things are there - the picture showing the degree of incline looks bad and now it looks like it is for little kids - why not just have the arrow like in the original TSW ? Maybe have an option for it ?
    2. the HUD blue destination marker looked better in TSW than the way it does now - there should be an option to change it and have a separate option for destination markers on foot and for driving -
    3. the foliage looks really bad the way it suddenly changes drastically as you get closer to it -
    4. if you're going to have underground routes there should be at least lights running down the tunnel to make it more interesting and the tunnels { for underground routes } should show much more changes in scenery with things like electrical boxes and lights on the walls hanging at different heights and different spacing intervals around emergency escape routes and diverging lines { like in Toronto, Canada } - maybe change the brick pattern a bit for the London route
    5. the game lags and the foliage probably needs to be optimized much further and whatever else causes lagging from what I'm seeing from every youtube video showing gameplay -
    6. passengers are standing in the rain with no luggage and no umbrella
    7. the doors should open on the washrooms

- the HUD is really bothering my mind the way it looks now { i seriously must not be the only one } - i figure the game would be much more popular if people could change the way it looks a bit because the way it now is not good - perhaps different colours and opacity rather than having those stripes { please get rid of those three stripes under the time and seriously the train cab inclination icon makes the game feel like it is for little kids } - I'm seriously way less likely to buy it and any DLC for it if it looks like the way it is if there are no options to change it because it looks like it is dumbed down and takes away from the realism with those three stripes - the old HUD looked better !

*** I'm probably not going to buy it any time soon and I'm not very keen to play it anymore just because of the way it looks - seriously { and the fps lags }.***

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The stripes aren’t an issue for me. Are they needed? Probably not. Do they ruin my experience, nope.

I agree the objective marker could be improved, especially the text representing the distance - which is hard to make out. The text in the HUD, for the destination marker also needs to be made more visible.

3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

“the HUD blue destination marker looked better in TSW than the way it does now”

I actually like the new one better.

“if you're going to have underground routes there should be at least lights running down the tunnel to make it more interesting and the tunnels { for underground routes } should show much more changes in scenery with things like electrical boxes and lights on the walls hanging at differentheights and different spacing intervals around emergency escape routes anddiverging lines ”

I hope you know that this is a Simulator with real life routes. The London Underground route has almost no lights in the tunnel in real life.

“maybe change the brick pattern a bit for the London route”

No, in order for it to stay realistic, it needs to stay the same.

• Like Like x 1
  5. proluigigamer01

proluigigamer01 Active Member

imma ngl i want to be able to remove the speed hud but keep upcoming signals/speed limits so I can be better acclimated on the lirr in realism eventually taking off signals and upcoming speed limits each individually with my choice of location/sizing/whats visible ect ect (modular/customizable hud i guess)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

YES
    YES
    YES

This is actually one of the most requested features in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1