Tsw2 Island Line 2022 & Spirit Of Steam Removed From Psn Store?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sgu123456, Sep 28, 2022.

1. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

I was looking through my wishlist to check whether one of the routes is included in the new sale, but they weren't there anymore. I tried searching them but only found the TSW3 version but not the one for TSW2. As I'm not at home I could only use the app to check. Was there anything said about removing them or are you able to find them (the TSW2 version)?

• Like Like x 2
  2. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

DTG wanted to discourage people from buying DLC so set it up so it only appears under TSW3, people like you who frequent their forums get to find out that if you buy the TSW3 version you get the TSW2 version as well, whereas casual players will just assume there isn’t any DLC for TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

But does this mean, if I buy the Deluxe Edition of TSW3 which includes SoS I will also get it for TSW2?

4. richtayls

Yes, I did exactly that and it gave me SoS for both.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Theyve gone one farther and DELISTED the entire tsw2 from psn WTF? Literally trying to erase it on playstation.

6. Metallipool

Metallipool Member

When looking today on the PS store you can now only take advantage of reduced prices if you buy TSW3! So if like me,you’re not interested in buying it at the moment and only play TSW2,it looks like there will be no chance of any reduced prices anymore for TSW2 dlc’s.Which is annoying as I’m a couple of routes short that I’m after,but will not fork out for TSW3 just to get sale prices.It seems to me that players of TSW2 are slowly being forgotten about imo :(

7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Not delisted, just erm rebranded shall we say?

when looking at the tsw2 tile normally you can just scroll down to trophy’s, videos and then find add ons, couldn’t see the ones I don’t own which often appear..

search for “Harlem” for example and it will show for TSW2. Had fun earlier but didn’t take too long to find

will add a screenshot of what it looks like when you load the DLC before purchasing. Would explain why it’s not showing where we would expect.

someone either made a mistake or made a bad idea go live.

(Annoyed trophy’s aren’t popping for me but that’s another story)

8. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

D320DB9B-25CE-43CD-9F3E-4D6444197026.jpeg
    As promised. Very odd. Like it’s no longer associated with its original release.

9. richtayls

You don’t need to own a game in order to buy its DLC, so while you would have to find the offers via the TSW3 page on the PS store you can still buy them there and play them on TSW2.

I initially thought this was the devs losing out on revenue by not having DLC listed under the TSW2 store page but I just tried via the TSW2 in game store and that wants to charge me full price for Harlem Line when I can get it discounted only if I know to look at the TSW3 PS store page, which frankly is a pretty poor way of doing business.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Man if DTG had a brain they would dangerous.

11. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

And to make matters worse DTG class it as a new release for those who don,t already own from TSW2 apart from SEH which actually got a route expansion where New Stations were added like Dartford & Ashford International.

Shame that GWR did not get a Route Expansion London to Oxford with the Full Greenford Branch line. After 2 months after it release i might as well be playing an upgraded version of TSW2 the only new feature of TSW3 at the moment is the Training Centre & that,s come straight out of Train simulator

12. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I suspect it's in some way to appease the PSN store managers who are getting fed up of dozens of duplicate DLCs appearing every time a new version comes along. Combining into TSW2&3 (and presumably 4, 5, 6... going forwards) means one 'compatible' DLC for the whole series which removes quite a lot of duplication from the shopfront. The fact that it may still be a bit wonky in its execution is signature DTG UX. :)

13. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Its still there as far as i know i brought Island line 22 last week @ £8.99 as part of one of manys deals they have got going