Tsw2 Lübeck-puttgarden

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by adrian#5717, Nov 6, 2021.

1. adrian#5717

adrian#5717 Member

The Lübeck–Puttgarden railway is part of the international Vogelfluglinie (Bird Flight Line) between Germany and Denmark and connects Lübeck with Puttgarden on the Baltic Sea island of Fehmarn in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein.

275px-Karte_Bahnstrecke_Lübeck-Puttgarden.png
    Line number 1100
    Route number 141
    Line length 88.6 km (55.1 mi)
    Operating speed 140 km/h (87.0 mph)

The first section of the Lübeck–Puttgarden line to be built was the 23 kilometre section from Neustadt to Oldenburg. This was built by the Oldenburg District Railway (Kreis Oldenburger Eisenbahn, KOE) and opened on 30 September 1881. On 17 January 1898, the line was extended towards Lütjenbrode and Heiligenhafen (20 km).

A direct connection from Lübeck to Neustadt was missing for decades, as Neustadt was only connected with Lübeck via the Eutin–Neustadt line, requiring a change in Eutin. The direct connection opened between Lübeck and Neustadt by Deutsche Reichsbahn was not opened until 1 June 1928.

Passenger Service
    On the Route runs the Regional Bahn (RB85) from Lübeck HFB to Puttgarden with the DB BR 628
    download (6).jpg
    Freight Service
    DB BR 218
    download (7).jpg
    Shunt Service
    DBB BR 363 in the Deutsche Bundesbahn livery it would add shunt Services in the Neustadt (Holstein) GBF
    R (1).jpg
    The Puttgarden Ferry port is closed due to the construction of the fehrmann belt, but it would be a highlight if the br605, which is loaded onto the ferry would be added.
    The br605 is better known as the ICE TD

OIP (7).jpg
    The boarding of the farry would also add more shunting Services with the DBB BR 363

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  2. nightdove#3293

nightdove#3293 New Member

I very much like to see this route in TSW2. Anyway, I also found this thread, which suggested the same route, but has an earlier date: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/route-suggestion-lübeck-puttgarden.37116/

Maybe it would be better to join there?

Also: maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but wasn't there also a service Puttgarden - Hamburg (via Lübeck), which was build with "double-decker" coaches (and I guess some diesel locomotive)? Usually I would go in an ICE-TD or a Danish IC3 from Hamburg to Oldenburg (or back) on this route, but one time I had to take a regional train, and I don't think it was a BR628.

3. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

Hell yes, we need the route, it's going to be on my shopping list right away.

It would be very nice if the route was settled in the 90s or earlier, perhaps with "Rotlinge" ABnrz 418.4 and Bnrz 451.4[​IMG]
    or even like the older version "Mintlinge" Bnb 779 and ABnb 773
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and there can be a 2nd timetable option here with the Puttgarden Rodby railway tunnel. DB BR363 blue layered in from Riesa-Dresden and Tharandter Rampe.

• Like Like x 2