Tsw2: Pro Range

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tubespotter, Jun 17, 2022.

1. tubespotter

tubespotter Member

I would, personally, love for TSW2 to have a 'Pro' range, similar to that of Train Sim Classic. These would be loco DLC featuring advanced features, intended for more serious players, including functional GSM-R/NRN on applicable liveries, more advanced TMS screens on trains that have them, audible AWS/DSD alarms when the cab window is open, the list goes on. This would ideally similar to the list of features that Armstrong Powerhouse may feature in one of their typical Enhancement Packs. However, I do feel that the core aspects of the game, such as lighting, improvements to the loading system (as mentioned in LM's thread) and much more need to be drastically overhauled before these products can feel suitably high quality. I feel if more third-party developers were recruited to develop DLC for the game, there would be higher chance of this happening. For example, I could imagine JT, when they do begin to develop for TSW2, creating an 'Advanced' range similar to their content for TS. What are your thoughts on this?

• Like Like x 2
  2. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Many third partys don't hqve any interest in tsw ap dont and many smal developers cant due to dtg way of having no editor

3. tubespotter

tubespotter Member

AP do show interest in TS, for example the sounds for the 52, 377 and 387 were provided by them, as well as the sounds for the 150 but Rivet messed up the mixing. The point I’m making here is that if DTG released the editor more widely (maybe not totally public) then these things would be possible

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I don't see a point in a Pro Range. It either leads to increased prices, or more problems with expectations management. The average TSW loco is already more advanced than the average TSC loco, up to a point most of them would probably be similar to TSC Pro Range locos.

DTG has difficulties enough keeping all the current locos at a similar quality. Having a Pro Range might potentially set customer expectations incorrectly, or potentially lead to a decrease in quality of the average loco outside of the pro range selection. I fear it'd do more harm than good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Ap don't show an interest in tsw they provide sounds and thet is all they are not interested in tsw he has said it him self