PC [tsw2][sand Patch Grade][fully Fueled]stuck On The Trailing Loco

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by zsolt_93, Oct 28, 2020.

1. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

Hello,

I have finally decided to get started on a freight scenario after playing passenger stuff since release. Took a while to get my head around to setup the locomotives such as all 4 would provide traction based on helpful guides on this forum rather than the info that the in game system provides. Also could not find a route manual similar to TS2019/2020

Route is: Sand patch grade.
    Scenario: Fully Fueled
    Location: Somewhere between the starting yard and the summit going at 40mph

In a moment of great ideas I decided to go the trailing unit of the leading two MU Locos (the SD40-2). I have managed to cross the crossing between the two locos from the direction of Leading -> Trailing and could go inside the cab to double check a fuse :D if it is set correctly.

Sadly after this I could not get back to the leading loco over the same crossing that worked in the other direction and I am now stuck on the engine which does not control the train with a red signal approaching, and obviously scenario fails with a SPAD since I could not stop the train.

I am assuming that on foot I am not supposed to be allowed to go between units or climb down since this makes sense from realism point of view.

However it seems that actually I could somehow move between the locos one time only while moving. From that point on the scenario was not recoverable, only choice is to restart from the yard where the previous checkpoint is.

I have saved the state at that point and I am open to try any solution/provide technical details for the issue

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Ooh that's interesting. I've never left a moving loco let alone crossed over to an MU, didn't know you could. I have, however, stopped in the middle of a service and gone back to check the trailing engine then returned to the leading cab. I figured that was the safe way to do it.

3. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

If you are stuck or fall off the loco CTRL+0 saves your life. ;)

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

5. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like I was looking in the wrong loco for the fuse also :) lets see if Ctrl+0 can save me

Update: I have tried Ctrl + 0, it recovers me to the cab of the trailing loco of the MU. Also when I reset to last checkpoint I am unable to move the throttle lever on the leading unit out from idle with both keyboard or mouse, I am locked out. Seems I need to restart the scenario and wait the half hour again before the light turns green at the end of the yard :(

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1