Tsw2- Semmeringbahn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrSouthernDriver, Apr 25, 2021.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

Connecting the Austrian towns of Mürzzuschlag and Gloggnitz in the east of the country, the Semmeringbahn features some of the most stunning railway scenery seen anywhere in the world And now you get to experience it in TSW2

Built by more than 20,000 worked between 1848 and 1854, the 41km (25 mile) Semmeringbahn (Semmering Railway) was the first standard gauge mountain railway ever constructed and is considered the first ‘true’ mountain railway, due to its immense change in altitude and challenging terrain it traverses throughout the route.

The rolling stock:

upload_2021-4-25_16-3-48.jpeg

The OBB 1116 or as you may know it as the DB BR 182 in OBB livery is an EMU used heavily on this route, on freight and passenger

these will run 125 services. 26 services are freight

[​IMG]

scenarios:

Mountain Glory (56 mins) run an OBB 1116 from Murzzushlag To Gloggnitz in the snow
    Destination Delay (35 mins) run a service from Gloggnitz To Semmering only after a derailment on the line ahead
    Freight Frontier (115 mins) run a freight train from Gloggnitz to Murzzushlag and then take another freight train from Murzzushlag To Gloggnitz

• Like Like x 13
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This is one of those classic train simulator 21 routes that needs to be in Train Sim world 2. Two more Rolling Stock is ÖBB1216 used for Wien Hbf Graz Venice Railjet or Slovenia Bound services. Freight Locomotive is ÖBB1293 used for freight and Rola services. The better option is the Semmering Base Tunnel so that railjet retains the 145 mph (230 km/h) max speed of Railjet ÖBB1216/1116. Also the railjet ÖBB1216 can be layered into HMA as 20:43 München Hbf 21:13 Augsburg Hbf trip racing the DB BR146.2 Dostos from Main Spessart Bahn & DB BR143 Ruhr-Sieg Nord RE57066 Ulm & a freight train. The third-party developer for this one should be the same as Train Sim 21 RSSLO. Because if this were to be given to rivet games it will be a disaster like the Arosa Line.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

As DTG already made the Semmeringbahn for TS, it sounds likely that they redo it for TSW. I'd love to see that!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

This is probably one of the most iconic railway lines in Europe and it would be a shame to not capture it in TSW. It's very scenic, unique and busy and as we currently have no real mountain mainlines, it would definitely be something fresh. My suggested rolling stock are the ÖBB 1116 or 1216 Taurus and the ÖBB Talent 1, but I'm not sure which EMU runs there now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

I'd love to see this with the section from Gloggniz to Vienna Neustadt. This would give a nice high-speed contrast to the mountain section

6. driverwoods#1787

You mean 200-230 km/h (125-145 mph) speed sections. Even the railjet can layer onto HMA as the 20:43 München Hbf 21:13 Augsburg trip that will be racing RE57066 Ulm which is actually made up of Main Spessart Bahn Dostos pulled by DB BR146.2 or the RSN DB BR143 the former German Democratic Republic origin locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Gloggnitz - Wiener Neustadt is a fast 160km/h section and would be a sharp contrast to the slow and steep Semmering part. It would be ideal to add more diversity and make a short route longer.

I just love Austrian rolling stock so I hope we'll see it in TSW too at some point.
    Here's a video showing some traffic on the Semmeringbahn

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I like the route, but for the rolling stock I'd like something a tad less modern. In good old Train Simulator I did love to drive the Semmeringbahn in this.
    [​IMG]
    or this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Those (definetely the 1144) could make really good loco DLCs.

I'd love the route to come standard with the:
    • ÖBB 1116 or 1216 Taurus, with ÖBB IC coaches and maybe some reused german (or even new) freight rolling stock
    • ÖBB desiro EMUs
    I simply think those two locos could offer the greatest service variety from the start, with freigt, IC and local services. Something like the 1144 could then be DLC with some unique freight rolling stock, with the 1144 hauling mainly freight (and the occasional IC).

The route might also see German freight (mainly the 185s) layering in, or at least the freight wagons from other German routes.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'd love to have older stock too but we all know that DTG won't make any new locos when they can reuse the br182. Besides, you can't have modern day Austria without the Taurus. But the öbb 1144 is amazing and would probably come as a loco dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I know. And I also know I'm in the minority that isn't a huge fan of getting even more modern DB trains. Plus I personally think the BR182 and its lookalikes are one of the most ugly trains around, but that's just a personal taste.

The only thing I can do is to tell DTG and other devs where my preferences would be. I've already got plenty of modern trains (especially German) in my collection, and I really have no interest in anything that looks like a BR182 (which is also one of the few things I did not buy, regardless of any discounts during sales).

And while playing lots of Train Simulator, I've learned that Austria isn't really that different from Germany. The landscape, architecture and scenery shares quite some similarities. Although I'd be happy to see a new country in TSW, and Austria has quite some interesting routes (especially since it's more mountainous that the German stuff we currently have), if it features trains that don't interest me, I'd probably just wait for a discount.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jolojonasgames

They're among my favourites, opinions realy do differ :). I agree that another new country like the Netherlands would offer more new gameplay, but I'd still like to see Austria for it's locos and paint schemes. (Plus, I wouldnt have to relearn the signalling system, though that could also be fun)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Really? DB red looks very similar to ÖBB red in my eyes, and the ÖBB 1116 looks pretty similar to the DB BR182 to me. :P

14. jolojonasgames

The older loco liveries like in the 1144, and the coulours on rolling stock and the Railjet re what interest me.

15. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Nice suggestion! Would love to have some ÖBB routes. It would be cool if we had the ES62U2, 1144,(electric) & ÖBB Talent 1 (diesel)!

16. driverwoods#1787

I agree and also ES64U4 ÖBB1216 since you have the Vienna to Venice Railjet go this way. Some of the trains are the 15kv 16.7hz Germany Austria 1.95m pantographs Rh 1016. Since ÖBB also have Talent 3s those are going to be Reskinned from SKA DB BR442 or the Silver DB BR1442 Rapid Transit. Some Austrian trains are going to be reskinned from the Deutsche Bahn versions like Talent 3 & Taurus
    Here's a video by Michael D.Bahnverker on the ÖBB 4758

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1