Tsw2: Skip Waiting Time Still Not Possible?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jack O'Track, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Haven't done much with TSW lately, but got TSW2 now.
    Regarding passengers nothing changed, the same zombies all over again.

Tried the ICE, curious what the speeds look like, long haul, gets boring in awhile. .....
    and Bakerloo ... all the stations look the same, and tunnels too, the same repeated graphics.

There is still no way to skip the obliged open & lock doors waiting time, IMO far too boring for a game.

Guess i enjoy freight hauling most, and miss Great Western for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

Perhaps you'll like Bakerloo a bit more with this mod. I haven't tried it yet myself, just happened to stumble upon it a few days ago. It's replaces the station poster with real life variants.

https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=tsw-2-bakerloo-line-poster-enhancements

• Like Like x 1
  3. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

GWR was the first route I got in TSW(bcz that was the only one available I think) and I really want them to bring it to TSW 2 asap. Idk why they did not bring it earlier, it was the first route made in TSW.

4. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

When I started in the old TSW the fact that there were only two or three people on the platforms seemed to bother everyone. Now we have mobs. They still resemble zombies but a while ago someone on a stream explained the daunting technical challenges for continuing to improve these 'zombies'. I don't recall much of it except that improvement seemed to be a goal.

Preferences vary, don't they? Some of us don't drive much freight because we find most freight runs boring and while Bakerloo seems wildly popular, I have never even tried it because I don't like subways (I don't even like tunnels). A lot of us are so committed to realism that the delay to let passengers on and off has never been an issue, and it is an opportunity to look around or refill your coffee and grab a cookie. I personally love the S-Bahn services and can't imagine what they would be like without taking on and letting off passengers.

One of the great things about TSW2 is that it has a lot to offer for a really diverse group of railway enthusiasts. Moreover, despite the relatively small audience for train simulators, DTG continues to improve and expand their offerings.

PS: I really miss the Great Western a lot!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

So 30 mins of driving at 160-250km/h is boring for you, but 2 and a half hours of crawling at 70 km/h is enjoyable? I mean I'm not trying to bash any, as I like both, I just don't get your logic.

Anyway, most station stops are less than a minute. If you can't even sit that through, then I don't know what to say. You say it's boring for a game, but it's a train simulator. Train operation really isn't something that can be described as "exciting". It's long drives and long waiting and slow procedures. So if you find it boring then maybe a train simulator is simply not for you, I suppose?

• Like Like x 6
  6. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Must confess, TSW graphics are fine, but i mess a lot more with Il2 sturmovik & get less easily bored there ...
    In my youth my dad had a large Marklin set, not digital then. Great fun in soldering electrickery circuits with contact switches and signals to get about 8 trains running around without crashing.