Tsw2 | South Korea & Seoul Subway

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by David Harrison, Jun 28, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. David Harrison

David Harrison Member

Introduction

I, for one, have always encouraged the introduction of new countries being implemented into Train Sim World, especially as I am someone who finds exploring new places and cultures very interesting. Dovetail have done a good job so far with the original Train Sim World and we have seen highly detailed routes in the UK, Germany, US and even Canada. Yet all of these countries have had numerous routes based within them, and many people within the community have asked for change.

I do appreciate that TS did introduce some Chinese, Japanese and South African routes in TS 2020, and they have made an extreme change towards introducing many third party Swiss routes (which are very impressive). However, there is still room for more of Asia, South America and other parts of Europe (for example Scandinavia, Eastern Europe or Russia). Now I do understand some of the difficulties (e.g. licensing issues etc.) when it comes to bringing out more extravagant nations into the game. Although I am going to propose my ideas anyway.

Seoul Subway Line 2

The capital of South Korea, Seoul. Like many Asian Cities, it is a vast, modern metropolis. Built within it is an advanced subway network consisting of 8 lines (and another line in Incheon). Driving it is a challenging and difficult task, as the driver must keep to the strict timetable and extremely precise stopping locations, lining the train up perfectly with the Platform Screen Doors, which are a common occurrence across the Network. This feature would be unique to this route addon, as it has never featured in TSW or even TS before.

Line 2 is 48km long (perfect for a TSW route, not too long or too short). If you include the Seongsu Branch and the Sinjeong Branch the distance increases to almost 60km.

This Rapid Transit network spends time above and below ground, meaning you'll get to experience driving through the darkness of a deep-level tube, as well as being able to catch a glimpse of the spectacular Seoul skyline (even better seen during Seoul's incredible nightlife). The line is also Seoul's only circle line, travelling between City Hall (시청) and Chungieongno (Kyonggi University) 충정로 (경기대입구).

The Seoul Metro 2000-series (pictured below) would needed to be added to insure the routes feels as authentic as possible. This train (which is now in its 4th generation) is not only comfortable and stylish, it also uses the latest technology to insure that the people of Seoul are guaranteed a quiet and reliable way around the city. It would also be beneficial if Dovetail could include the station announcements in both Korean and English, however difficult that may be. 1920px-Seoul_Metro_Line_2_train_arriving_at_Guro_Digital_Complex_(2-09).jpg The Seoul Metro 2000-series
    45c5da02-95e0-11e6-89e7-0e47003bc2df_1280x720.jpg The unique Platform Screen Doors, found in few countries around the world.

• Like Like x 2