1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tsw2 & Tsw2020

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by houstongeorgi, Aug 2, 2020.

1. houstongeorgi

houstongeorgi New Member

I've read a bit about this but want to be sure. If I buy TSW2020 now (on sale), the added routes (such as LIRR) will be playable on TSW2 when it is available (and I decides to purchase it)?

2. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Member

Yes, with the exception of Northeast Corridor (NEC).

Not all DLC (routes and locos) will be playable from the start, but they will be added to TSW 2 as each DLC is upgraded to support new features of TSW 2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Active Member

yes

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

To be more precise, any addons you buy for TSW1 will also give you the licenses for the same addons in TSW2
    So if you buy TSW1 and then buy the LIRR DLC when TSW2 comes out you will automatically be given the license for the LIRR TSW2 DLC. If you then decide to purchase TSW2 this will then download that game, and the additional TSW2 DLC

So you will end up with TSW1 and it's versions of the DLC and then TSW2 with It's versions of the DLC.
    You can then choose whether to uninstall TSW1 or keep it, but it will take up (at least) double the disk space if you choose to keep both

One thing to remember is that not all preserved routes and addon DLC will be available at TSW2 launch, and I don't remember where LIRR is on that list of release dates so give that a search if you want to find out

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. stevem11

stevem11 New Member

Similar question.... I currently do not own any of the sim versions. I’m looking to only purchase TSW2 when it releases later in the month. Will I be able to also purchase LIRR DLC with out owning it in the previous sim?

6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yes, they said you should be able to.

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Why not? It's business

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Technically you can buy the TSW1 DLC now without owning the game itself, you just won't have a platform to run it on... Again MattP confirmed in stream 1 that if you buy any preserved DLC on either TSW1 or TSW2 you will get the license for both

• Like Like x 1