Tsw2020 And Xbox Game Pass Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sukihersch, Apr 17, 2021.

1. sukihersch

sukihersch Member

Hi,

I very recently bought TSW2 and have been enjoying it so much I've already started looking at what additional routes to get, however I have a couple of questions that hopefully I can get a fairly definitive answer on before I take the plunge.

Currently XBox Game Pass is on offer at £1/month; so my plan is:
    — Sign up for XBox Game Pass
    — Buy TSW2020 Collector's Edition at the Game Pass discount price (£38.39)
    — Probably also buy TVL and the Heavy Freight Pack (at the respective Game Pass discount prices)
    — After some-time-less-than-one-month cancel my Game Pass subscription before the next installment is taken.

My questions are thus:
    1) Will buying TSW2020 'work' in terms of getting the Preserved content contined therein into TSW2?
    2) Is GWE contained in TSW2020 Collector's Edition? As I understand it, it's part of the TSW2020 base edition but I thought I'd double check as it is not mentioned explicitly on the store page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/t...tion/9plr6r3p530w?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    3) Will my cunning plan in terms of Game Pass 'work' in terms of getting the content at a discount and being able to continue to play it after I cancel the subscription? (I'm pretty sure this is how it is supposed to work but there may be some technicality I have overlooked)

Thanks in advance for help!

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

gwe is in all collections of tsw bundles from what I know. But to answer your question about preserved collection for when you get tsw 2 it's a no as you don't technically own the tsw 2020 so anything that's on gamepass of tsw 2020 you don't get on tsw 2

3. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Oh misread your thing if you buy tsw 2020 with discount then you should be fine as then you own it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I
    As long as you own tsw2020 all your routes will transfer over to TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

When you spend money on something with a Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold discount, it will be owned even without a subscription after. Same for PS+ discounts. GWE is in the base game of TSW2020 - it is impossible to not have that. TSW2 versions will automatically be marked owned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that'll work for you. Maybe give Gamepass a try before you cancel, though? There's a lot of really great games on there that i wouldn't have played otherwise.

• Like Like x 1