Tsw3 Adverts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by longo239, Aug 22, 2022.

1. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to stop the annoying TSW 3 advert screen while I'm waiting for my route to load in TSC?

Even Facebook lets you hide repetitive adverts.

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Disconnect steam from the internet by launching in offline mode.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I just look away... look out of the window at the pretty clouds and birds or something. The audio tells me when it's loaded.

• Like Like x 3
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

They want to brainwash you into buying what actually amounts to TSW 2.2! Well actually more like TSW 1.9 since they pulled the save game rather than fixing it…

• Like Like x 3
  5. SJA

SJA Active Member

We shall vote with our wallets at the end of the day.

I've barely touched TSW recently. There's too much good stuff in TSC (for us PC master race at least), and we should spend our time wisely. I'm 38 and doubt I could properly cane all of my TSC content before I'm dead.

TSW3 needed to blow socks off, raise eyebrows to the sky and make people happier than they've ever been with a train driving simulator. I just don't see it doing that.

Innovations happen all the time though. If you pop "online train simulator" into a decent search engine, you find all manner of Japanese routes based on real-life cab camera footage that you can use in your browser. There's a lack of safety systems (it's literally just accelerate/brake and some announcements) but I'm delighted to see developers pushing the envelope across platforms.

It can only be good for us - the consumer - Vern :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pookeyhead

I uninstalled TSW about 3 months in... so never even used TSW2, and definitely not interested in 3. I couldn't stand to not have the sheer overwhelming choice of assets I have with TSC, and the ability to edit things properly. I guess it's just not for me. I like to tinker under the hood, and TSW doesn't let you do that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SJA

SJA Active Member

Tricky for me. The good lady likes a run up and down the Bakerloo on my PS4 using TSW when she's had a few.

I just take my drink outside, gaze at the night sky and thank the universe for giving me the resolve to work hard enough to get a decent PC and have a proper train simulator :)

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

But.. but.. but.. It's got LIGHTNING! Goshdarnit! What more do you classic heathens want!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. SJA

SJA Active Member

Caught me red handed mate. I was flat out on the take :D

But yeah, I've always been pro progress - I just can't see it from current evidence in this new sim. I'll be keeping to TSC. Midland Mainline is keeping me very well occupied these days. Not to mention SWEX to Reading, Virtual District Line, and some Backdated Train Sim and DP Simulation stuff. Weekend sorted.

10. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I haven't touched TSW really since TSW2020. I did get TSW2 when it was free on epic. Loaded it up and didn't take long to form the opinion that free was still too expensive and it wasn't worth it, so uninstalled it straight away.

All my time is on TSC, I have no interest in TSW3 and am not interested in the persistent advert I get as a loading screen while waiting for my TSC route to load.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SJA

SJA Active Member

I liked the Bakerloo and BML for a bit on TSW2... but the clue is "for a bit".

I've invested too much in TSC (and continue to do so) and whilst it has an editor and a usable scenario creation tool that knocks the pants off any iteration of TSW, I shall stick with it. Bit of AP stock and weather + shaders, plus any half decent GPU, and it's a winner for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pookeyhead

So does TS Classic.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Pookeyhead

What any of them need(ed) is the ability to edit your assets as thoroughly as TSC, and it needs the same level of 3rd party content. Neither will happen for widely understood reasons, so it can be as shiny as it wants, but it will never do what TSC does.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I was referring (sarcastically) to the big deal Matt Peddlethesameoldtat and JD Sports made out of this "feature" in the cringe-athon that was the launch (I meant reveal) stream.
    Come on Pookey mate, keep up. :D:D

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Pookeyhead

I don't watch the DTG streams. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Nor do I usually but curiosity got the better of me when I heard how awful it was, had to see it for myself then didn't I. :D

17. Pookeyhead

Was this on Twitch?

18. brummie

brummie Active Member

You tube

19. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

You can't polish a ....

• Like Like x 1