Tsw3: Changes To Livery File Format

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RagingLightning, Sep 24, 2022.

1. RagingLightning

RagingLightning New Member

Hello,

I'm the creator of the community's favourite tool when it comes to livery sharing, the TSW2 (and now 3) Livery Manager.

During the transition from TSW2 to TSW3. I noticed, that the save format of the liveries was changed by compressing the liveries. For the functionality of the tool, this means that there is no way to retrieve the livery name and associated model from the save file anymore, so I worked around that.

However, I was in conversation with many of the users of my tool and quite a few of them liked the ability to change the livery file to e.g. copy a livery from one model to another to then modify it to work with that model instead of having to redo all their work, especially in cases where a company utilizes multiple models included in TSW and therefore have a similar livery on all of them.

When investigating the creators club liveries, I found out, that they were not compressed. This as well as the conversion process from TSW2 to 3 makes me believe, that the uncompressed format is still supported in TSW3.

Therefore, I'd love to hear from someone knowledgeable at DTG (maybe TrainSim-Matt?), who can explain why the file format was changed and whether it would be / is possible to disable this compression via a config option or something similar.

Regards
    RagingLightning

• Like Like x 4
  2. KCRCRailway

KCRCRailway Active Member

Looking forward to see DTG 'leak' something to Raging :p

3. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Getting to know which compression algorithm and settings are used can already go a long way to cracking this nut.

• Like Like x 2