Steam Tsw3 - Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr - Tanker Freight Services

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by zsolt_93, Jan 19, 2023.

Tags:
  1. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

It seems like since TSW3 update or the latest preservation update to HRR the Tanker freight services are broken in the Bochum -> Duisburg direction.

Take for example the service at 11:07. Spawning into the service from the loco menu the path for this train is blocked by a mixed freight consist trying to enter the yard halfway through a set of points. The player train is held at a red signal facing the AI train causing a deadlock.
    20230119225148_1.jpg
    Attempting to spawn on foot at 11:05 at Bochum Ehrenfeld. One can walk up to the train and arrive at 11:06 to take it over. A passenger service is incoming on the mainline and successfully passes. At 11:07 the freight service is allowed to start, no starting shunt signal, no sign of the mixed consist. Starting to roll the same signal from above is still at red 100-200m from the start point and the player is forced to stop.

Then the mixed service appears driving up. It does not stop blocking the points, rather it drives up to the same signal from the opposite side, stopping 5m from me.
    20230119224806_1.jpg
    Just for the joy of it I have tried reversing out of the position and see what happens. As soon as the train starts moving the AI follows. It seems like the automatic points are now set for the AI. You can see the results below :cool:
    20230119224800_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

Just continued to reverse, and in the end the two parts of the train joined up again. No derailments, nothing. These are some really cool magic couplings. The sad part is as soon as I could stop past the last set of points to try and switch to a different track and pass the mixed service, the train uncontrollably started going forwards.. and crashed right into the oncoming train.

As far as I can tell spawning at multiple times of the day for this type of service, the situation can occur, not just at the 11:07