Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lord everything, Aug 10, 2022.

1. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

So with the announcement of TSW3, we have MUCH longer routes coming than we have seen mostly, and also route extensions. What new routes and what extensions do you want to see?

Personally, I would love to see the extension of East Coastway to Hastings, and it would also be cool to add the Airport branch in Dresden.

As for new, longer routes, I would love to see Rotterdam to Amsterdam, and also mabye - and this is ambitious and unrealistic but who cares - the WHOLE Berlin Sbahn. Because reasons.

2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I am hoping for part of the ECML with either Deltics or 225s. I wouldn't be surprised if they do something in the midlands though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Peterborough to York? 112 miles, 180km, it's about the same length as Kassel Wurzburg but with more stations, with slow(er) and express services. Though I was thinking with 225s, 800s and HST's layered on (preferably 225s).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. matt#4801

Yep a beautiful section of line and have lived along this section for my whole life so would welcome it with open arms.

5. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

I'd love that to be in tsw3

• Like Like x 1
  6. seandouglas

Studied in York and regularly take the train that way and agree, it's beautiful! Would also be fun to have a 140mph test train scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  7. matt#4801

Easily do it in a 91 or 800 down stoke.

• Like Like x 2
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Why not Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Utrecht 156km Germany to the Netherlands changes Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Kassel Würzburg 186km is that DB BR189 C-Akv couplers gets the Iron Ore Trains Hamburg Maschen to Regensburg Linz via the SFS. DB BR408 Velaro D can take over DB br403 trips

9. seandouglas

Oh easily... an HST or even a Deltic would be more of a challenge :P

• Like Like x 2
  10. matt#4801

Yeah Deltic would be a challenge but imagine the noise. I think a HST would probably do it alright though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see them do an extended version of the Ruhr Seig Nord adding the Finnentrop to Siegen section and call it the Ruhr-Sieg Bahn or a revamped Long Island Railroad from Grand Central, New York Penn to Ronkonkama

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  12. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

I don't expect any more extensions to be made, in favour of just new content in general. I can see extensions existing for something like the addition of the Class 466 with the Sheerness Branch thrown in. But because of how TSW is produced, you likely would be asked to redownload the whole route again - which isn't ideal. That's how SEHS+ gets by branded as an extension... it's not actually an extension, it's a new route you're eligible to get for free.

13. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Well if it isnt Obvious by my Signature i Wish the Classic ECML: Newcastle - York from TSC would be remade, its a big route compared to most TSW2 routes but with TSW3 having even longer routes this one should definitely be more Possible, set around the same time as the Classic it would be cool to see the Classic Scenarios remade in TSW3, i made a suggestion on this before (if it wasnt obvious) so go check it out if you want an idea of how it could be,

The one route i would like to see Extended might have to be NTP, at least an Extension that adds Healey Mills as a Explorable location and Marshaling yard, many HFP Services originate from here or go to here, this place also has a Depot which the Class 40s we see on NTP Are Stationed here, i just think it would be a great place to add more Shunting services to the route considering how little and underutilized the 08 feels on NTP

• Like Like x 3