Tsw3 - West Cornwall Local Extended Route (similar Concept To Iow2022)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrSouthernDriver, Oct 15, 2022.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

this remastered and extended route builds off the original west cornwall local route with upgraded scenery, a new loco, the class 153, and the route having the 12 mile extension to Falmouth Docks

[note the images I find I try to keep as close to the era as I can]

THE LOCO:

[​IMG]

the BR Class 153 is a single coach railcar converted from two BR Class 155 DMUs, and are intended for rural branch lines, where passenger numbers do not justify longer trains

THE FALMOUTH EXTENSION:

Truro

upload_2022-10-15_13-52-35.png

Truro railway station serves the city of Truro, Cornwall, England. The station is 301 miles from London Paddington via Bristol Temple Meads. It is situated on the Cornish Main Line and is the junction for the Maritime Line to Falmouth Docks.

Perranwell

upload_2022-10-15_13-54-41.png

Perranwell station is on the Maritime Line between Truro and Falmouth Docks in south-west England. It is 304 miles measured from London Paddington (via Box and Plymouth Millbay). The station is managed by, and the services are operated by, Great Western Railway.

Penryn

upload_2022-10-15_13-58-24.png

Penryn railway station is on the Maritime Line between Truro and Falmouth Docks, and serves the town of Penryn, Cornwall as well as Penryn Campus (formerly known as Tremough Campus) The services are operated by Great Western Railway.

Penmere

[Can't Add Image Due to Space issues]

Penmere railway station serves the northern part of Falmouth, Cornwall, England. It is on the Maritime Line between Truro and Falmouth Docks, 311 miles 13 chains measured from London Paddington. The station is managed by, and the trains operated by, Great Western Railway.

Falmouth Town

[Can't Add Image Due to Space being low]

Falmouth Town railway station is the most central of the stations in Falmouth. It is on the Maritime Line. It is unstaffed; the station and the trains are operated by Great Western Railway.

Falmouth Docks

upload_2022-10-15_14-12-14.png

Falmouth Docks railway station is situated in Falmouth, Cornwall, England. It was opened in 1863 as the terminus of the Maritime Line from Truro, although since 1970 Falmouth Town has been the principal station for the town. Falmouth Docks is 312 miles 46 chains measured from London Paddington.

• Like Like x 13
  2. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Like the idea. Could it have a Class 156 and Class 158

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

156’s never worked that far west. They were only on loan to Western Provincial when the 155 fleet was withdrawn due to the doors opening in traffic issue. They were used on Cardiff to Manchester, Portsmouth and Birmingham services. I have a feeling the 158’s weren’t route cleared on the Falmouth branch and even if they were, no booked work on there. Needed for main line services such as the Manchester to Penzance and vv or the Westbury to Penzance and vv which attached to and from Portsmouth, offering a publicly advertised service from Pompey to Penzance!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

That's a shame. I really want to see those trains. Still a great suggestion though!

5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Only if they can get the sounds and physics correct on the trains. Rivet doesn't have a good track record with both.

6. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

this is one of the main things i really want to see, an extension from truro to falmouth

i still think truro to falmouth should have been included at launch instead of truro to st austell (just my opinion of course), as it would have created a real network to utilise.

but any suggestion of extending the wcl route to falmouth is a great idea from my perspective!

• Like Like x 1
  7. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

I thinks it a great idea as despite rivet games fixing the route it is bad in terms of services and rolling stock. With the Falmouth line not being overly the long I think they could add the rest of the Cornish mainline to Plymouth which is a extra 29 miles allowing us to run more trains plus maybe a class 50 could be added for the express services which I would love.