Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sophieclarke1983, Aug 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Tsw 3 sounds exciting my only concern is this with the longer routes coming will the current out of memory bugs be fixed which currently affect things like London commuter so that tsw3 isn’t a repeat of what happened with rush hour particularly London commuter

2. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Well if I was still on Xbox one or Xbox one s its rather concerning, Microsoft announced Series s can have access to more allocated ram for games so that might help abit.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Who knows what other things they've done in TSW3 to either free up or suck up memory. If they're rewriting the weather and lighting from scratch there could be huge memory gains in that or huge CPU/GPU hits. We shall see.

4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

My own memory isn’t what it once was but I’m reasonable sure that I remember them saying in a previous stream that the length of the route would have no bearing on the memory issues.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Correct. Routes are (and always have been) loaded and offloaded in a tile fashion so you only ever have a certain amount of scenery in memory at any one time.
    It's why things slow down when you get into big cities... more scenery to load and use