Tutorial: Install A Savegame

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matinakbary, Aug 3, 2021.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Hello,

I wanted to open this Thread to explain how savegame scenarios are to be installed, as some people struggel with that.

What is a savegame scenario?

Basically: If you're on PC and drive a timetable service or your own scenario from the scenario planner, you can press ESC and save your progress. Done that? TSW will then create a savegame file which you can find in the savegame folder of TSW 2.

What's so special about that?

Well, depends on the scenario. Normally you can't combine for example the IC-Coaches and a Dosto and haul it with the BR 182. Why? Because there is no ingame consist editor.
    But some talented people found ways to shunt "your" train without getting a SPAD. At the end you have a kinda special train, if you managed to shunt the coaches. Also the signals can be changed by the scenario authors by doing some changes in the console. Again: You can't manage signals with the ingame tools.

How to install a savegame scenario?

For this, I've made a litte youtube tutorial. Please forgive my english skills as I am not a native speaker.

And if you don't want to watch it or have other kinds of handicaps, here's it in written form:

1. Download the Savegame file
    2. Open the .rar or .zip file -> You'll find a file which is called for example: TSWSaveGame_ALEX München.sav
    . Extract or drop or paste this file into this folder: This PC > Documents > MyGames > TrainSimWorld2 > Saved > SaveGames
    . Now find this file again and rename it in the follwing way:
    TSWSaveGame_ALEX München.sav --> TSWSaveGame_[YourTSWName].sav

Let's say your Name in TSW is "Marc78", then your file should be named:
    TSWSaveGame_Marc78.sav

5. Open TSW and then open any route you want. There is no need to open the exact route where the savegame scenario in set.
    6. The option to continue with a saved game should be avaiable. Click that - done. The scenario should start automatically without a briefing screen.

Where can I find Save Games and other Scenarios?

You can find many scenarios here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/download-scenarios-repaints-look-at-first-post.40781/
    But have a look into the ReadMe to find out whether this is a savegame or a USD scenario (= a "normal", done just with the scenario planner).

You can also find scenarios on TSC.

• Helpful Helpful x 2