Tutorial On Safety Devices On Trains

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Knightfire1964, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Just an idea for TSW 2 but to include safety device tutorials for TSW 2. I found that when I started playing TSW trying to understand PZB was complicated for me just to outline I’m an Xbox user so the only way for me to find any manual was for me to go onto steam find the route and download the routes manual an example of a route was main Spessart Bahn. What I am suggesting is you add an extra tutorial outlined ‘safety device for PZB (AWS etc)’.
    I’m using main Spessart Bahn as an example so you start up at Aschaffenburg HBF you start outside the train and you get an introduction saying welcome to this tutorial on how to use PZB and SIFA on the DB BR 146. Then asks you to climb aboard the train. When you have entered the cab the game will show where the PZB and SIFA fuses are or where to activate them. then you sit in the cab seat and setup the train once this is done the signal will be green and you are briefed on how SIFA and PZB work so first it will talk about how SIFA will work seeing that’s the easiest to explain first. It details how this works and how you should react and what button to click to acknowledge SIFA. Once this is done then you are asked to accelerate. As the PZB pops up the game will explain that PZB is active and that you are restricted to 45km/h and explain when to click Release so you can drive at line speed and also say that you are restricted to a maximum speed of 165km/h. Now you carry on doing a passenger service and before you come to a speed limit when you are at the station before it the game will tell you what to do saying ‘you are coming up to a speed limit which is below 100km/h when this happens you must click the acknowledge as you pass the speed limit warning and reduce to below 85km/h within 23 seconds otherwise the train will turn on the emergency brakes.’ So the player carries on driving accomplishes this and stops at the next station then the game will explain that at some point PZB will be activated and will show you how to recover from it by hitting the release button reset your throttle and brakes and continue on. Then the game will talk about what to do when you come up to a yellow signal and that you should hit the acknowledge button and slow down below 70km/h within 23 seconds and the 1000hz appears then they pass 500hz and do the same thing but reduce speed to 65km/h and then again reduce there speed to 25km/h and that should mean they end the route and that’s the end of the tutorial. That is really it I kind of rushed the end of explaining this as I felt people would get the idea of what I am aiming for and suggesting and has taken me awhile to make this up and write it up

It has taken me a while to understand PZB and although it you can download a manual explaining this I feel seeing its part of the game it should be explained I believe a well-done tutorial would really help people understand it and I feel it makes the driving feel more immersive. Just to add on I recommend if you are an Xbox user to plug in a keyboard as PZB is allot more easier to operate with it rather than using a controller

Thanks to anyone who fully read this any suggestions on improvements would be greatly received took me a while to write this up so if you notice any mistakes please tell me and I will fix them.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

We have been calling for longer Tutorials since day one, as learning the basics is simply just not enough, hopefully they can either make the Tutorials longer or add new ones to cover the safety systems and how to use them.

• Like Like x 3
  3. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Well I'm not a xbox expert. But I'd also like to say that longer tutorials covering advanced features like AWS, SIFA and PZB would be very nice because some features are very confusing. Or for example when I drove the 101 the first time I searched 15 minutes for the AWS switch. So first of all longer tutorials and also a detailed manual of each train would make it a lot easier.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Strongly agree!!

5. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

I remember there’s a small bit in the GWE class 166 tutorial where the game mentions AWS but it’s not spoken about much after

6. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Personally I Think It Would Be good if the devs implement the passcom going off as a false alarm
    Because in the UK It Very Common (especially when some passengers are drunk lol)

7. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

The Class 101 AWS Switch Is Under The Secondman seat

8. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Ehm. If you read my post correctly, it'll tell you that I've found it within 15 minutes and that a while ago. But thanks anyway.