PlayStation Tvl Class 31 & 37 Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Mar 21, 2020.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Can anyone help.. just picked up the TVL dlc plus Class 31 loco dlc. I’m having trouble setting up both the Class 31 & Class 37, always getting wheel slip. It’s as if there is another brake on somewhere. Also, what’s the actual set up process for the AWS as when I think I’ve set it up correctly nothing moves at all.

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've just done the same. The 37 seems to have really grabby brakes and both take a really long time to release. I've just been trying to minimise brake use entirely, taking a much gentler approach to deceleration, and releasing way before I need to get moving, then gentle throttle off the line - the exact opposite approach to driving the German locos!

3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I have put in a heck of a lot of hours on TVL - and I haven't found any issues. The 37 and 31 do not suffer from hidden dragging brakes like the 47 on NTP. You might need to check the handbrake maybe, in the first scenarios? Let me know if you still have issues with a specific scenario, and I will check it for you.

Although there is virtually no simulation of wheel-slip in TSW generally... on TVL they have actually made a fairly solid attempt ....:

- a loaded steel train is very heavy....and will react very differently to empty flats
    - gradients matter, even very slight gradients.... and it applies to the CoG of the whole train.... so ensure you have brakes on if you hop out, because your loco might be on the flat, but the rest of the train might not be, and it will run away...

It's the only route on TSW that I have found so far that actually includes decent physics simulation elements... or at least, enough variety on cosistst to detect it. The 37 has slow speed for the coke trains as well.... The 31 is the fun light relief (slightly easier drive)..... Oh, and everything sounds great too.... It's a really good package.

With AWS - you might need to double check that the cab change-over switch is in the right place - but it should be in the right place by default though... again - give me a specific scenario, and I will check it out for you.

• Like Like x 2