Tvm Constantly Bouncing Between 270 And 300 In Timetable Mode On Lgv Méditerranée

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheRealJuralumin, Apr 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

As the title says, whenever I load up a timetable run in the TGV, once the TVM is active, it just keeps bouncing between 270 and 300 at each signal. I'll get a flashing 300 and at the next signal it goes down to 270 (also flashing), then at the next signal it jumps back up to 300 (flashing) and then back down etc.

This happens every time I do a run out of Marseille once I leave Aix-en-Provence. It hasn't happened going the other way though, leaving Avignon I can get up to 320 without issue.

Is this related to traffic? I assumed there's just another train ahead of me, and the TVM is trying to maintain the gap. But it keeps happening!

2. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

That's a train ahead of you. Simply reduce speed to leave some room between both trains and you won't see so many speed reductions.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  3. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Have a look at the map and see if a train is ahead, I'm guessing there is one

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Yeah I figured it was a train ahead of me, I honestly forgot that I could check the map. It's still a bit frustrating though, it'd make more sense for the TVM to just keep me at 270 for a bit and them move back up to 300 when it knows that I can stay there. But then I don't know how the real system works, maybe I'm just right on the limit and it can't make up its mind! I'll just keep it under 270 until the system sorts itself out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The real system has drivers who see it swapping from 270 to 300 and back to 270 tells them there is a train in front.
    Run at 270 for a few mins to allow the other train to get out of the way and when the 300 is steady then speed up

6. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

Don't accelerate when the higer speed is flashing. It just tells you that it will go down again at the next marker.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is due to a train ahead of you , I think it’s only with 1 or 2 services

8. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

I understand that, but I had a flashing 270 go up to a flashing 300 at the next signal, which seemed odd. Either way this is all a non-issue, as has been pointed out, I just had a train ahead of me.