Two (2) Recommendations

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by deedeedwight, Jan 17, 2022.

1. deedeedwight

deedeedwight New Member

train.png DOVETAIL FORUMS

Dear Dovetail Games:

Knowing that providing feedback or recommendations might be daunting to employ when several different companies and developers get together in collaboration with Dovetail Games to produce the incredible DLC Train Sim World material and content, I would like to provide two (2) recommendations that can take the simulator to another level if at all possible.

Again, this might or might not be planned for future releases of TSW2 and DLCs. Nonetheless, here goes.

Being a super-fanatic of TSW2, super fan of Matt, Sam and Natalie (I think their work and streams are all excellent and very informative).

Side note: If other game publishing companies employed this ROADMAP and streams methods Dovetail uses, their games would be much better, but I would not know if they do or not.

Simply put, I feel that the TS-2021, TS2022, TS2020, TSW2 series are the best simulators I have ever used, despite the imperfections that might exist on especially console releases.

I use a PC nonetheless and I have had NO problems whatsoever and I have been using simulators of all types for years now, including the ATP flight simulators that came out for monochrome monitors back in the day.

The 2 recommendations are simple and as follow:

1. After watching tons of 'real' videos of all the different types of Locos, British and German trains, I feel that the colors used in the simulators might be too bright and should be lessened somewhat just to hint the color and not over-saturate it.

For example: The greens should be less green, the reds, should be less red etc.

The real videos display the colors but not as pronounced as in the actual simulator. Doing this will definitely make the simulator more realistic to its users.

2. All surroundings including the trains should not be so clean and perfect. Dirt is accepted. This would definitely take the realism to another level. Surely, every now and then you can have a clean "brand new" (if you will) loco that looks spotless, but not all of them because trains do get dirty after running so many miles.

After studying much of the lectures of famous 3D designer Rob Tuytel, I learned that imperfections in the modeling process and landscape creation makes a scene look more real and less unreal - no pun intended!!! (I do know of course that Unreal is the major platform used in the creation of these games).

Otherwise, whether or not these recommendations will ever be employed is not up to me and I certainly realize that these 2 cents of mine have probably already been pondered and thought out by the experts at Dovetail and I in no way am going to insult the intelligence of anyone here.

Finally, thank you for taking time out to read my message and kudos to Matt, Sam and Natalie who all do an excellent job!

Sincerely,
    Dwight Arroyo

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Hello Dwight (cue identity theft rant),
    I agree with both your points however the reason they are kept almost sterile clean is due to how the real life operators want their brand to be represented. From my knowledge most modern day brands are quite picky on how they appear, so as part of the contract is that their trains look 'well polished and clean' which is often not representative of their real-life counterparts.

3. deedeedwight

deedeedwight New Member

Hello Alex:

Makes all the sense in the world Alex. Thanks so much for your reply. The sims are just ridiculous anyway so I am
    okay with it.

Thanks again
    Dwight