Train Sim World 3 Ue5

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thomas Ham, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

I hope in the future that DGT will upgrade to UE5 because the graphics will be epic and so much better
    This how I think DGT should go about this upgrade all existing routes first to UE5 standard the graphics will be unreal I think this will probably happen if DGT updates the existing game to UE5 that’s probably in the future UE4 is still good UE5 will be next level
    I’m not saying that thats the older console are good but it’s time to move on and start looking forward to the future brings

UE5 will make the game very good with the night sky even darker and the tunnel very dark with more shadows there no point rushing the upgrade I think in my own opinion is to update all of the routes and trains to UE5 standard and upgrade the core game to UE5

What platforms does UE5 support?

Unreal Engine 5 enables you to deploy projects to Windows PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, macOS, iOS, Android, ARKit, ARCore, OpenXR, SteamVR, Oculus, Linux, and SteamDeck. You can run the Unreal Editor on Windows, macOS, and Linux.

PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia console tools and code are available at no additional cost to developers who are registered developers for their respective platform(s).

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Absolutely no way you think this is a good idea how about fixing all the bugs that exist with tsw3 in current version of unreal engine how on Earth is there any logic to your suggestion when the majority of things are ballsed up in tsw3 on current version of unreal engine

• Like Like x 4
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Upgrading the engine doesn't make the graphics better unless the assets they're using on that engine are of better quality.
    From what I know of how they've built the routes they're not using the standard assets from UE for the most part so they'd need to update all of the assets as well as recode everything for the new engine

As an example when they moved from UE4.16 to 4.23 they had loads of issues including signals now being formed of cars and other assets..

So whilst not saying upgrading the engine has no merit, you have to look at the work involved and how it would affect everything

In other words, not yet

• Like Like x 1
  4. flystentz

flystentz Member

I would love to see TSW in UE5.
    Lumen looks so interesting to me, and also sounds like it takes away baking the light into the world, so it would save time.

also excited for nanite, wich will make assets look better in the distance, and again save time for the devs since they only have to build the full scale model, and nanite will handle the “lod” scaling

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This can work however it will repeat the mistake of 4.16 to 4.23. If they are successful first route for it is CVL Calder Valley Line if they wanted powering up the Pennines take two. International Wunderline Bremen Groningen which is now called Bremen Oldenburg take two with international trip

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

what I like DGT to Do is all the German Routes add them all together same with the Uk and USA and Extend the France high speed route from Marseille to Paris to make a better experience for players

7. twinboo

twinboo Active Member

I don’t think they should drop the Gen 8 consoles (being a Gen 8 player myself), as they make up a large part of the community and not everyone (including me) is willing to shell out €500 or more so they can have slightly better graphics, and overall would probably hurt the game’s profit, in return meaning trading DLC for some new engine and more bugs. All it would do is cause me & many others to drop the franchise for no major improvements. It is simply a silly fantasy that would be ultimately impracticable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

To be fair, even the Series S at £200 (Less than my XBox One cost) is a worthwhile upgrade. 60fps gameplay and the layers alone are a game changer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for your answer and I do see that happening if there is demand perhaps they should test this on Calder Valley Line Leeds City to Manchester Victoria/Preston via Halifax Bradford Interchange for UE5 Gen 9 Consoles and PC 4.23 is gen 8

10. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

UE5 for 2023

Attached Files:

11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That's just never going to happen. Not for years anyway.

12. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Well-Known Member

UE5 isn't the all singing all dancing shiny new engine you think it is, at a core level it is still UE4, if DTG were to switch to UE5, I doubt they would take advantage of the more advanced features of UE5, they don't even use UE4 to its full advantage. Not only that UE4 still has plenty life left in it yet.

• Like Like x 5
  13. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Not going to happen. Dtg is only on there since some devs have been experimenting with ue5 and some features are from ue5, but moving completely to ue5 isn't going to happen this year or for a few years until it's more mainstream. Also to point out that there are close to 70 pieces of dlc that all have to be manually updated to work in ue5. That is a massive amount of work.

14. ARuscoe

upload_2023-4-21_14-14-50.png

Still not going to happen this year unless they started the port last year...

15. driverwoods#1787

Spot on and if this were to happen UE5 TSW 3 Gen 9 PC owners while Gen 8 owners UE4.26.

16. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

I Agree with on that one

the top thing's I DGT to Improve on are the Passangers and give the players to customise there character and longer routes and join up existing routes it will make it more fun to play and start listening to their play based and get there customers to join in what route they like to see in the game working Toilets on Train and platforms sitting on seating working vending machine and ticket machine and have a journey mode where you do missions story mode witch gives fake Money to spend in game something like this would please players

routes I like to and my reason why I like to see them in the game
    and trains

Renfe

Spain High speed
    Paris to Barcelona
    Barcelona to Madrid
    my Reason why I like to see them in game is because Iv been on Holiday in Spain iv travel by train there

I like to have trenitalia

Rome to Paris

London to Paris

Paris to Frankfurt

York Via Harrogate to Leeds to London Kings Cross
    will be grate as I live in Knaresborough
    with the class 150 class 158 and class 170 and the class 800 used the line

I know that some people live in the past with Gen 8 but we have to start to move on look forward to what's happing now with the Gen 9 that can handle bigger worlds and UE5 would unlock Gen9 I have to stay with DGT be takeover nothing will change this is totally normal in the Gaming world look at codemasters they got takenover by EA sports it just means more Money to spend

17. ARuscoe

• the Passangers - Agreed that passengers in game need some work, including in that they are often on the station when no train is due, their pathing needs a bit of work, the issue of them all getting off at station 1 of any route and that they stay on board when in depots.
    • and give the players to customise there character - this should be available as well. Changing Avatars should be possible
    • longer routes and join up existing routes it will make it more fun to play - Longer routes depend on their complexity and how many bespoke assets are needed. Not sure that "longer = more fun" though. For me a long fast run with all greens is pretty boring (I tend to start looking on YouTube and wait for anything other than AWS pings...)
    • and start listening to their play based and get there customers to join in what route they like to see in the game - Isn't this just the suggestions section on here? The problem is if they "listen to their player base" we'd have 15 types of electrostar and nothing off the WCML or ECML. At least we've got some form of variety at the moment even if the last few modern routes have all been london-centric
    • working Toilets on Train and platforms - no reason for this to be in game, mainly because someone will have a youtube video of an entire journey just in the loo
    • sitting on seating working vending machine and ticket machine - The can be dioramas, but don't need to be player interactive. They bring little to the game but having a passenger buy a ticket would be a nice touch
    • and have a journey mode where you do missions story mode witch gives fake Money to spend in game something like this would please players - Some players. Others would be wondering why it's turning into an arcade game rather than a simulator. Train drivers don't do this, they drive trains, get wages go home... and what would player be buying? What would NOT be devved so this purchased content could be devved? What would take priority???
    So some of your suggestions I agree with, a few (the more gamier aspects) I don't

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

I think train toilets should be in the game because it's just fun. Maybe not worth the work but if it's an outsourced model then why not. I want to be able to explore 100% of what's inside the train regardless of what it is.

19. driverwoods#1787

I agree and when it comes to merging routes you might as well consider the fact that they must share a common origin otherwise you will be left some routes being able not to merge with each other you are looking at train simulator classic Linke Rheinstrecke Köln Koblenz not being able to merge with Koblenz Frankfurt am Main Mannheim Karlsruhe Straßburg/Offenburg. The other known example is Northeast Corridor Philadelphia New York with North Jersey coastline since these have a different common origin. There is a quote by Matt on that issue

• Like Like x 1
  20. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Why, Pringles, of course.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. JBVector

JBVector New Member

In one of the developer livestreams, he was asked about UE5, and he said "It would take years to get up to ue5 uh by which i mean like two years". This was when TSW3 first came out, so since they release a new version every two years approximately, might TSW4 have it?

At 32:28

Last edited: May 7, 2023
  22. rennekton#1349

I remember dtg saying they wouldn't move to ue5 until like most other developers switched to it. Ue5 could happen but it's not on the roadmap yet so no plans at the moment. Ue5 would mean dtg might have to stop supporting last gen consoles which are most likely going to struggle with ue5. It would also give them a reason to start fresh. There's just too much content to port over that the amount of work necessary would be extremely difficult. Players would also want them to have ue5 features. So it might be better for dtg to start fresh with nothing porting over so they don't have to worry about the past bugs and messes if that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  23. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

maybe we could get Unreal Editor with that so we can build our own routes

• Like Like x 1
  24. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

Supposedly, UE5 is designed to make ports from UE4.26 and 4.27 easy for studios to get onto UE5. With that being said, TSW2 routes would look out of place compared to newer routes mostly because of lighting which could be a realistic feature to roll out to all DLC when the time comes so that the worlds at least all feel the same even if the level of detail of landscapes and materials are vastly different.

25. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely spot on. for Unreal Engine 5 best route for it might be ÖBB FS DB Schnellfahrstrecke Franzfeste Brenner Basistunnel Innsbruck Rosenheim.

26. trainsimplayer

That makes no sense whatsoever. What difference does that route make to UE5?

• Like Like x 2
  27. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

IMO tsw should move off UE, there are much better game engines out there than UE

28. trainsimplayer

...like?

• Like Like x 1
  29. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

Asobos or Unity

30. trainsimplayer

Nice joke(s)

• Like Like x 1
  31. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Did someone say Pringles…

IMG_0055.jpeg
    It’s that time of year again!

• Like Like x 2
  32. ARuscoe

Not Christmas just yet

33. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

That's the worst idea ever.

34. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, ChatGPT. Super useful and insightful input.

• Like Like x 2
  35. SimonMV6R1719

SimonMV6R1719 New Member

TSW4 didn't bring it, hope TSW5 does, but not holding my breath

36. rennekton#1349

It's going to take several years until ue5 can happen. Every dlc needs to be rebuilt to work with ue5. With a growing catalog, that becomes unsustainable.