Train Sim World 3 Uk Heritage Railways

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nwp1, Jan 24, 2023.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Heritage line West Somerset is the longest route preserved in the uk and of course is marvellously reconstructed in TSW.

I hope in TSW3. DTG will bring us another heritage line soon. Severn Valley would be fabulous at 16 miles long and although only 6 miles long the Railway Children line at KWVR would also be fun. As the route is short, DTG could make the package more worthwhile with a few steam locomotives that are used on the line and recreate the stations with room entries to make it more interesting.

I truly hope that we see some heritage lines pretty soon.

• Like Like x 6
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Severn Valley Railway, Mid Hants and Paignton and Dartmouth are good lines. We would need some more vintage stock to use such as Class 14, 35 and 42 amongst others. Some people dislike 25mph running but I don't mind the more leisurely pace on these routes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

A while back, I also suggested that we should have more heritage railways for TSW. IMO, having WSR as the first heritage railway for TSW was not the best decision and so, most players prefer not to see any future routes being heritage railway based. I however, would love to see more heritage railways. all of the ones that I would love to see are in my heritage railway suggestion https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tsw2-suggestion-more-heritage-lines.48320/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

Although not the most exciting and fastest routes, another heritage line will be quite good. I agree with the Keithley worth valley railway since it's my closest heritage railway, also the North Yorkshire moor railway will be pretty good too which is 18 miles long, beautiful scenery of the Moors and should definitely come out with the sir Nigel Gresley A4 and the BR green Class 101. For the KWVR I would say it should have the LMS black five and BR green Class 101. KWVR Rolling stock -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_stock_of_the_Keighley_&_Worth_Valley_Railway
    NYMR Rolling stock -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Yorkshire_Moors_Railway#Locomotives

Also like the wsr, other vintage trains (from NTP, WCL, SOS, TVL, WSR, Class 33, Class 52, Class 20, Class 31, 40 and 08 from the heavy freight pack) should be able to layer into heritage railway even if it's not entirely realistic.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  5. mikeyquake#2069

mikeyquake#2069 New Member

Be good to have the East Lans Railway too - A 12 mile line including stunning scenery. 7 stations.

• Like Like x 2
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

no more 101s imo. plus I heard that getted the rights from NYMR is very hard hence why the NYMR in TSC is listed as "Pickering - Goathlan Heritage Railway"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Nene Valley railway would be cool. Especially as ot has an A4 Pacific class coming to it in a couple of months

10. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I think that a heritage railway in TSW would be much more popular if it stayed around or below the 10 mile mark as then it doesn't get as boring as easily and also means it can be done as a side project whilst something bigger is made (ECML) or have an extra couple of locos/bits of rolling stock come with it.
    Another good shout would be the NNR as the scenery there is outstanding.

Yes live in Lincs so it is the closest heritage line to me and they have some other interesting stuff there from a 14 and 45/0 to a light pacific and a polish tank engine. I believe they have also recently restored a european restaurant car there too, which would be cool to see, also they have a few TPO coaches. The only issue with the railway is that it goes into Peterborough!

• Like Like x 1
  11. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like them to the Blue Bell Railway this route can have a mix of steam and diesel hauled tourist trains

• Like Like x 1
  12. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I won't be for a while as I'm sure matt said they're taking a break for routes south of London

• Like Like x 1
  13. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

The Blue Bell would be great to see

14. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It would but doubtful as mentioned previously.

• Like Like x 1