Unable To Progress In Sand Patch Grade On Ps4 Due To...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dan22, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Dan22

Dan22 New Member

Hi all, I am looking for some help maybe some improvements to the “new” controller scheme, I am unable to “go into main engineer’s screen” in the AC4400CW, if I don’t then the mission won’t progress I am forced to change the controller layout in order to progress... there doesn’t seem to be a button layout for that function, if I go to “classic” The game lets me play through that scenario but once I am done with that scenario, I cannot progress because the game forces me back to the new control scheme, and I can’t change it in the menu I’ve got to start that scenario all over, can something be done to fix this please??? Anybody else have this issue? It’s so frustrating! I can’t play “classic” since it will put me back to the new scheme ! Let me know what can be done please ! TSW2

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  2. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

I indeed have that problem. And I'm not a PS4 player I'm an Xbox player. So for the same problem to be happening on two platforms it just needs to be fixed ASAP. Also with Sand Patch Grade its a great route but when I start a timetable mission the train doesn't move at all it doesn't matter what train model I use none of them move. I mostly believe its because of the numbers of cars being pulled and it starting me on a 0.6% slope/hill. I would love to see these problems be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rush

Rush Member

I’ve seen some others saying they’re having this issue too and some said they got it figured out. They said that there was a handbrake applied that needed to be released. Not sure where on the train it was applied though.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  4. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

It's on the left of the train on the back here is kind of a good photo it's the round circle on the side csxrearleft1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  5. Jowellf40

Jowellf40 New Member

I had that same problem. It starts the mission in immersion. After a hour of being annoyed I figured out that if you start the game in immersion mode which is the mode they want you to do the scenarios in, when you get to that “engineers main screen” prompt pause the game, go to settings change your button layout from immersion to Classic exit out the pause menu and you hold your right stick and their should be a option for internal and external views click internal and you’ll see engineers main screen. Unfortunately this was the only way your really able to pass that part if you have a console. Hope it works!

6. Jowellf40

Jowellf40 New Member

Yeah the only way to get the train moving is to go into the engineers main screen. Most trains the cut in/cut off valve is usually visible but in this train the only way to cut in the valve is by going into the engineers main screen screen and click 1 then cut in the breaks by pressing f3 save the changes by pressing f6 then exit The screen. Once you do that. Release your brakes and the train should move. It’s a weird way to cut in your brakes but it’s the way the train was designed i guess lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rush

Rush Member

Sorry I wasn’t specific. I know where the handbrakes are located, I just meant that I wasn’t sure which handbrake they were saying was applied (I.e. loco handbrake or one of the freight car handbrakes). Appreciate the info with the picture and all though! :)

8. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

This is the 1st time I went into detail while helping someone.I just had to search up the handbrakes on these trains

9. Dan22

Dan22 New Member

Thank you yes I did that it’s super upsetting that they didn’t even take the time to port it properly to console but I thought it was “remastered” my butt lmao

• Like Like x 1