Uncoupling Crashes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheTipsyRaccoon, Jun 27, 2022.

1. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Before I submit a ticket has anyone else had the game crash on them when they go to uncouple? It’s happened more times recently than I’m happy with, a few times on Riesa - Dresden, and just now on Ruhr Sieg Nord.

This is on PS5 and the uncoupling is always part of the service, not me just mucking about. If this has affected you, have you found a workaround?

Thanks.

2. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

To me (on PS4) at the end of the MSB "Fuel Exchange" scenario, when you have to uncouple 5 tankers ............ booooom CTD.
    Funny enough, once upon a time I got this scenario finished (see screenshot). So, I´m suspecting some legendary DTG "Up"date screwing things up. There´s also a scenario in that list where I - NOW - get an instant derailing, while it had been finished times ago (DB 83127)?!

I´m really asking myself WTF´s going on here with these updates???

Train Sim World 2_20220622170833.jpg

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like as part of their work on the car and wagon buffers to correct issue in SoS they've impacted ALL buffers, so when you decouple those are now conflicting, causing the derail.
    This is why such systems need careful working in all aspects

4. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

DB 83127 derails instantaneously, in the moment you open the scenario. You´ve no chance to say: "Hey good morning my dear BR 185 ...."
    I´m no friend of strong words, but if it is as you described, that the SoS patch affects the rest of the routes, then DTG cannot be called other than bloody amateurs.

5. ARuscoe

Not quite going to go that far. Then again I've dealt with Microsoft at network manager level and have seen MAJOR screw ups in their upgrade and update processes which crash entire systems.
    Development and interactions are a minefield...

"Hey, my code doesn't work, what the hell did I do!?"
    "Hey, my code works, what the hell did I do!?"

• Like Like x 2
  6. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

do not get out of the train, do it with the outside camera and with the brakes activated. never happened to me. that's why I recommend it

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheTipsyRaccoon

This must be the issue, even when things don’t crash during uncoupling, the loco and wagons jump apart quite suddenly and very unrealistically now which they never used to!

8. ARuscoe

Which sounds to me like the buffers aren't acknowledging their "compressed position" or collision and therefore as soon as they can they're springing apart and either overlapping causing a derail, shoving against each other violently causing a derail, or having some other impact issue which causes an unknown error.
    All fun

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTipsyRaccoon

This is, sadly, the answer. Damn me and trying to be realistic on a simulator eh? I’ll just have to tell myself I have a second man at all times. Thanks for the tip!