Union Pacific Taylor Texas To Temple Texas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by amtrak145, Jan 26, 2023.

1. amtrak145

amtrak145 Member

The railroad between Taylor and Temple Texas runs 40 miles. Starting at Taylor, the Union Pacific yard sits nearby or west of a single diamond crossing where two main lines cross each other. In Granger, a railroad splits off the main line and goes west to Georgetown. In Holland, there are two sidings. One for grain loading and/or storing rail equipment. The other one is an oil loading facility I think. In Belton there is a siding over there. Lastly is Temple where the BNSF Galveston Subdivision and the UP line meet. The locomotive storage facility is owned by the BNSF in Temple. The station over there used to be fully owned by the Santa Fe Railroad and the area was the depot owned by that company until BN merged with SF and is now known as BNSF. You can see some old rusty locomotives over at the station that is now owned by Amtrak. You can also see an old boxcar and a couple of caboose at the depot. The most amazing one over there is that old steam train that you are allowed to go into. Another one is the train museum that you can walk into for free. This route may only have a few services per day on this not so busy single track line. In the morning, the trains go to Temple. In the evening, they go back to Taylor. There is another Amtrak station on this route, but it's just at the other end of the route like Temple. There are only two Amtrak services per day, one north first then the other south second. Lastly, because the older Amtrak locomotives still run services on the Texas Eagle, expect a P42DC. Otherwise until SC44s start running on this route, then expect SC44s. UP locomotives I want on here is the ES44s (any type), SD40-2s, GP38-2s, and atleast a couple others. Amtrak Texas Eagle services here still have the old Superliner passenger cars. 4 to 5 of them and yet for these short trains that sometimes you can see 2 P42s pulling that little amount. So expect that as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Posting a map and nothing else is irrelevant to us I am afraid we need a lot more detail.

3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

An AC6000CW/AC4460CW (or rebuilt C44ACM) would be awesome, as would an SD90-43MAC, SD70M, SD70AH-T4, or C45AH (ET44AC). I still want a GP60 (or rebuilt GP62) or GP40-2/GP40N instead of a GP38-2/GP38N for local and switching operations. A 3GS21B Genset would also be great for switching operations. The P42DC is a must. I'd prefer the SC44, but that could be added as a future DLC.
    The BNSF line to Galveston, Texas could be a route extension DLC pack and include a BNSF ET44C4, SD70ACe, SD70MAC, or ES44AC/DC/C4, or C44-9W for mainline freights and a GP60/GP60M-3/GP60B, B40-8W, or GP39-3 for locals/switching. An SD40-2 and GP38-2 would most likely be included. The Amtrak P42DC or SC44 would work for this section of the route, too.

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Now this is a proper suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to explain the route more in detail