Unlock-able Liveries/interiors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ImNotAnAnorak, Jun 15, 2019.

1. So it seems quite a few people like the idea of having the proper FirstGroup liveries in game, was just wondering if a) this would even be possible (permission etc) and b) if this could be implemented via an unlock based progression system in game.

An in game progression system I think would provide an additional incentive to keep playing, not that there isn't already, as obviously it's a train sim, the 'incentive' is to just enjoy the agency to drive a train lol, but I think having something to work towards keeps things interesting, and that having aesthetics changes to the trains would add to the nuance/realism/nostalgia(?) of the game significantly.

This could also be applied to interiors, a few examples being; changing the upholstery patterns of the seats, safety bar colours, and actual seat layout of the train.

A few examples: tn_gb-fgw-hst.jpg 43028-09-04-04-PLY-PAD-COG.jpg

As for the progression system, maybe points, or credits are rewarded for being on time? Or maybe this could compliment other peoples suggestions of a guard mode or maybe station master mode or something.

Anyway, I'm aware this might be too much effort to implement though so apologies for suggesting this if it's been addressed elsewhere on the forums. Thanks for reading my post :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I would just be worried about how easy it would be to introduce microtransactions into the game from that point- make leveling up take longer, add an option to purchase liveries for a dollar or two...

Their current DLC model is bad enough...

3. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

I would like it if you can download livery templates and use the workshop to share it

• Like Like x 1