Update 2018

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LordDistructorss91, Sep 3, 2018.

1. LordDistructorss91

LordDistructorss91 Member

1-Italian Train
    2-German steam train
    3-danger, cars stuck on the tracks, pedestrians and derailments, the mode is used to test the driver's reaction railway machinist

2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Disagree with the derailments - it is a simulator, not a game. I know you will state these happen in real life, so I will go as long as you will be statisfied with a blank screen and a statement that the train derailed instead of the visual of the aftermath.

And after spending 22 years in Search and Resue and unfortunately many rescues turned into recovery operations, have no desire to simulate a train and pedestrian incident. I do not know of anyone who has EVER been involved in an accident where lives are lost that wants to relive the nightmare in a simulated environment.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I also disagree on the derailments, I live along a rail line that has seen incidents involving cars and pedestrians and has never ended up good. I would not want to experience what the engineers and conductors go through in a situation like that. I think it is the one thing that can remain out of the game.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

I think this is the best middle ground. I'm not interested in any fancy visuals, but am of the opinion that simulator should at least correctly detect occurrence of a derailment under appropriate realistic conditions and inform you of what went wrong. Not to allow you to fly through the NEC at 135mph

• Like Like x 4
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

DTG has to comply with the licensing by the rail companies that they use in TSW. In the licensing, that particular railroad might not allow DTG to have their trains derail.

• Like Like x 3