Xbox [update 2: Added Bremen-oldenburg] German Routes Without Hud: List Of All Station Distances

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redtrainz, Aug 2, 2022.

1. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

[EDIT: Added Bremen-Oldenburg, added S-Bahn stations on Köln-Aachen. If you have Bremen-Oldenburg already (I don't), please tell me if there are any mistakes, particularly with what stations are services by IC/ICE, RE and RB (bold/normal/italics in the list).]

Hi everyone, this is not an EBuLa, but if you want to turn off the HUD completely on German routes (except while waiting for passenger to finish boarding, I guess), I created a printable PDF listing the station distances (Streckenkilometer) for all currently available German routes here.

If you don't know what I'm talking about: look for these signs beside the track. They are spaced every 200 metres and tell you how far you are from the start of the track.

So depending which direction you're going, you'll count up or down. If you want to stop, for example, at Wiesthal on Main-Spessart Bahn and you're going east (Aschaffenburg -> Gemünden), you'll see on the list that Wiesthal station is at 65,5 km. The track count goes from east to west, so you're counting down and when you pass the 66,4 marker, you know that you're 900 metres out from the station.

Don't worry if the count suddenly changes along the route. Example: driving an IC, ICE or some freight trains on Dresden-Riesa along the northern branch, the count changes four times because you're crossing four junctions.

Happy driving!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Thank you kindly.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

That’s great work, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

Thank you for sharing.

Just finished watching a vid on EBuLa, and now I see what's meant to be on that screen in TSW2 :) (DTG make it happen):

• Like Like x 1
  5. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Wow imagine if DTG could add this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Bumping this for the updated document.

7. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Bumping thread for the new update.

8. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

These have not been tested in TSW, but according to Wikipedia the Bahnstrecke Bremen–Oldenburg streckenkilometer are:
    Code:
     0,0    Oldenburg (Oldb) Hbf
     8,2    Wüsting
    16,7    Hude
    21,8    Bookholzberg
    25,4    Schierbrok
    27,5    Hoykenkamp
    30,7    Delmenhorst
    34,1    Heidkrug
    41,8    Bremen-Neustadt
    44,4    Bremen Hbf

9. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Yep, that's where I got the info from, and nowadays, DTG get this right (unlike for RRO), so it should be correct.

What I'm not completely sure of is the IC and ICE services: do they call at Bremen and Oldenburg only, or also some stations in between? (Since Wikipedia says that, at least nowadays, Delmenhorst also has IC and ICE services.)

I looked at streams to find out which stations get REs (Oldenburg, Hude, Delmenhorst and Bremen Hbf), so I have Bremen and Oldenburg in bold for IC/ICE services, Hude and Delmenhorst in normal font for RE services, and the rest in italics for RB/S-Bahn only.

10. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

Yeah, the routes seem to be well documented on Wikipedia, but I noticed Schierbrok was 10 km off in your list, which one is it?

Now, the question for DTG is are the maps wrong or the signage wrong? Or is the Wiki wrong? Maybe we should report them as bugs?

11. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

My mistake, a typo. Good catch, I uploaded the corrected document.

• Like Like x 1