Updated Raildriver Button Labels For Clinchfield

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, Apr 8, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Wow thank you for sharing!

3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You're a champion, sir! Thanks.
    By the way, how is RD performing on CRR in general. Any funky things?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  4. paul.pavlinovich

I've just about to start my work day so I'll let you know in about 4 hours when I have lunch. I wanted to get the labels out for people though so jumped on before work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

For the F7, throttle's a bit weird and the bail-off position doesn't seem to work. sand button does nothing as well as headlights.

• Like Like x 1
  6. paul.pavlinovich

There was a mistake in my sd40 labels. I've fixed it and re-uploaded. Same link.

blaze111csx headlights are on buttons for some reason instead of the switch

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Bail off works fine, might want to recalibrate. Lights might be different since you have two different switches in the cab for Dim and Bright. Just a thought. Now if we had the interface such as provided by the Cobra software for TSClassic we could re-assign and refine to our hearts content :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

Ink replaced - reprinted :D

9. raretrack

I've noticed that on the keyboard the Rear Horn is mapped to the N key (usually the low tone), but on the RD the low horn switch doesn't activate the Rear Horn at all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. raretrack

I noticed that too. On my RD the normal release position bails-off, and bail-off itself does nothing. Works fine on other locos so seems to be CRR specific. I'll recalibrate tomorrow and see if that sorts it.

11. paul.pavlinovich

User reassignment is supposedly coming and one of the things of interest before the RD compatibility leaves beta. Feedback on RD seems to be slowing from a flood to a small creek now so perhaps timing is good for the exploration of the next steps by Dovetail.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  12. paul.pavlinovich

Bailoff is working for me but weirdly the bail off position on CRR seems to be slightly above the bottom calibrated position of the locomotive brake lever. It is counter intuitive to push the lever slightly up towards apply so you can release them :). I wonder if Dovetail are experimenting with taking values slightly inside the calibrated range but have done it as an exact value instead of as a hysteresis of say +-5% from calibrated range.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  13. LeadCatcher

I have noticed on the CRR SD40, the throttle is very, let’s say, wonky. Even after re-calibrating, the range of movement to change notch levels is not consistent. Almost as if the driver has a very slow, or variable scan rate where sometimes only a little movement is needed, others times a large amount. A few times I have hit notch 8 in half the physical movement of the lever, and on reduction, I am having to move past the indent to hit idle.

Does not react that way on the F7 or other RD enabled locomotives. Another interesting thing I noted is on the wiper switch, it is know read linearly, instead of 3 positions, you can set the wipers using it as a variable speed rheostat by moving it slowly through the switch’s range. Nice touch but I wonder if that is why the lights are not mapped to the light switch?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I too have found issues with the raildriver not working well with the SD40 in CRR as well. Found after inserting the reveser key, it took a bit for it to go into forwards. Also found when releasing the train brakes and independent brakes neither will fully release properly. Then have have the same issues with the throttle not notching correctly.

Have nod had a real change to try it on the F7 as of yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kellanium#9517

kellanium#9517 Member

I've noticed that too.

Also it feels weird that the selector switch is the zoom rocker and not the "range" switch in the top left of the unit. And the alert reset button *still* doesn't work on any locomotives.

• Like Like x 2
  16. blaze111csx

god the sd40's throttle is SO BROKEN
    you can set it to 3, 6, and 8 and nothing else...
    bail-off and initial reduction doesn't work either.

the F7 actually works GREAT the brakes don't go into emergency when you set the RD handle to suppression, you actually have to push it past the little stopper.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. paul.pavlinovich

I suspect that each locomotive is being coded separately at the moment and there is experimentation going on to see what works best - it certainly seems like A-B testing. We can hope its better in the future I guess.

18. Crosstie

I'm not having any real problems with RD controls for the CRR SD40. Do you think it's possible that individual machines are slightly different when manufactured as far as throttle and brake throw are concerned?

19. blaze111csx

I think it depends on what loco you use first, my F7 runs PERFECTALLY except I've got no bail off.

20. paul.pavlinovich

It is highly likely. They're put together by hand. I would not think the variability was huge. Make sure you're calibrating and applying after you finish.

21. paul.pavlinovich

I have bail off on the F7 - works fine, train brake applied, loco brake handle in release, hit bail off and the loco brakes release like they should.

22. LeadCatcher

I have no problems with the F7, but the SD40 is the problem with the throttle only. Matt stated in some stream a while ago that there is only one calibration file so, in theory, you should only need to calibrate once, not for every locomotive. As to my hardware, using the Cobra One driver, works well across the board in TS Classic and no problems in Run8 either.

So with that empirical evidence, I can only assume the problem lies with the implementation on the SD40. Which is surprising since I really haven’t experienced any difficulties with other locomotives in TSW2 either,

• Like Like x 1
  23. blaze111csx

they have fixed the glitch, now the RD works with the YN2 liveries on SPG. checking other route's GP38s now

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  24. blaze111csx

nah the GP38s on Peninsula corridor and OSD still arn't compatible. oh well...

25. paul.pavlinovich

They're not the same loco, that is why they don't work. The functionality is only transferrable if both are the same base with only a reskin being differernt.

• Like Like x 1
  26. blaze111csx

thats true, but the YN2 versions are also totally different models, they don't have A/C and the horn is mounted on the cab as opposed to the middle of the engine. the YN2 AC4400CW's gadge lights don't work but the YN3b's do, because the YN2 is a totally different model, and somebody forgot to fix it I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  27. hyperlord

Hey Paul,
    because I forgot every day NOW I take a minute to write :)
    I printed your labels,cut them out and put them into my RD - but the squares seem to be too small, the labels are fitting "until the middle" and then start to be off by some milimeters ending up off two buttons on the right.

I compared your word file with the official rail driver wordfile and it seems the cells in your tables have different sizes.
    Since noone else is complaining I search the error on my side. Could it be, that the word file is optimized for a paper layout != A4?

• Like Like x 1
  28. hyperlord

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  29. Crosstie

Don't know about anyone else, but I don't bother inserting the strips under the mask. I just lay them on the "ledge" at the top of the RD. Much more convenient.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I do similar but I have them all printed on the same page and just fold it so the one I want is at the bottom. I then slide the page under the Raildriver so I only see the one I need.

I have the TS2021 permanently in the proper place as they are pretty much the same for all DLC

• Like Like x 1
  31. hyperlord

Thanks guys for the fresh and creative inputs :)
    Anyway, I created a "universal template" for me now that at least helps me to press the right button once I want to switch to the "3-cam" and back to 1st person for example. Light seems to be the same buttons for all/most of the locos so hopefully I'll not press the emergency cut-pff again when searching for the gauge light.

Let's hope for the day we might assign those buttons by our own logic ...

• Like Like x 1
  32. paul.pavlinovich

I use A4 paper size. I wonder if there is more than one version of RD? For me they line up perfectly (see photo).

I wonder if you have page setup differences or print layout changes and what version of Word are you using? I could provide a PDF for you to try to see if that resolves it? PXL_20210507_010233945.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  33. hyperlord

Hi Paul,
    thanks for the reply!
    I re-downloaded your wordfile and checked the layout properties, you are correct, the document IS set to "A4 landscape".
    I have absolutely no idea what is happening here (working for an IT service provider so I should probably know hehehe).
    But I found the first print-out in my stack of scrap paper (where the ink cardrigde died) and put that in front of my raildriver, the labels would have fitted nicely.

So obviously I fiddled around in the printer settings before printing again and cutting this print out without prior visual check of the size ;-)

tl;dr There is no problem with your word template :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. paul.pavlinovich

Glad to hear its resolved mate!! Good stuff :).

35. hyperlord

Hi Paul,
    please find attached the "newest additions" to the RD family. I have the game in German so the translation is pretty loose and free. There is no cool color coding and yeah it's pretty much rushed since I want to play now :D

There are buttons mapped I have no idea for what they are: "Bahnlinie" (Trainline?) and "Oberstrom" (Overhead power), no idea when to toggle them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xs2NBDuEWk3Ifw3E4zJi0L3vpXjg3rLh/view?usp=sharing

• Like Like x 1
  36. paul.pavlinovich

I got them all in HHL so I've added them to the main doc too. Well done hyperlord

• Like Like x 1