Updated To V1.92 Today On Ps4 Now Have Outstanding Updates Error

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rustyknight07, Nov 21, 2022.

1. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

I got an update to v1.92 today and now when I launch the game I get an error about oustanding updates.

Two of my routes seem to be missing, I'm redownloading them and hoping that fixes it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  2. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello,
    We are not sure why this update prompted this message, but if you see something like the below screenshots, you will need to complete the 3 troubleshooting steps below to access your add-ons. Once that's done, your game will be back to normal.

[​IMG]

Activate PlayStation 4 System as Your Primary PS4
    1. From your PS4™, sign in to your PlayStation™Network.
    2. Go to [Settings].
    3. Select [Account Management] and select [Activate as Your Primary PS4].
    4. Click [Activate].
    Restoring your Licences:
    1. Sign in to your account on PlayStation™Network under which you purchased the content.
    2. From the Home screen, go to [Settings] > [Account Management], and select [Restore Licences]. Click [OK] when done.
    How to redownload your add-ons:
    1. Restart your PS4.
    2. Navigate to Train Sim World 2 on the PS4 dashboard.
    3. Press down on the D-Pad and navigate to PlayStation Store.
    4. Then, select Your Add-Ons.
    5. Select the Download icon next to the add-ons, which are currently not available in-game.
    6. Once installed, load Train Sim World 2 and your add-ons will have returned.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2022
  3. Gricehead

Gricehead New Member

Hi Alex
    This is affecting users who have the TSW2 Collectors edition on disc. The content the game is complaining about are the three routes included in the Collectors edition: East Coastway, peninsula corridor and rhein-ruhr. We cannot redownload this content as the ps store (correctly) says we never purchased it, but the 1.92 update has deleted it.
    Please Cross reference ticket #51220

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - I responded to the other thread, but are you able to confirm for me from the below (so we can check the workflow on each of these scenarios):

I know you mentioned a couple above, but having the full breakdown would be really helpful to help narrow it down.

Versions:
    • TSW2 Standard Edition
    • TSW2 Collector's Edition
    • TSW2 Rush Hour Deluxe Edition
    Form of play:
    • Playing on PS4
    • Playing PS4 version on PS5
    • PS5
    Add-ons impacted.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

What’s updated?

6. DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

8. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

I'm playing the Standard Edition, digital version, on PS4 Pro.

I can't remember the exact wording of the error but it was the Peninsula Corridor route. I've redownloaded that route. West Cornwall was missing so I redownloaded that as well. Still won't work though,

9. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi rustyknight07
    If all your purchases were digital, could you make sure you have covered the following options, please?

Activate PlayStation 4 System as Your Primary PS4
    1. From your PS4™, sign in to your PlayStation™Network.
    2. Go to [Settings].
    3. Select [Account Management] and select [Activate as Your Primary PS4].
    4. Click [Activate].
    Restoring your Licences:
    1. Sign in to your account on PlayStation™Network under which you purchased the content.
    2. From the Home screen, go to [Settings] > [Account Management], and select [Restore Licences]. Click [OK] when done.
    How to redownload your add-ons:
    1. Restart your PS4.
    2. Navigate to Train Sim World 2 on the PS4 dashboard.
    3. Press down on the D-Pad and navigate to PlayStation Store.
    4. Then, select Your Add-Ons.
    5. Select the Download icon next to the add-ons, which are currently not available in-game.
    6. Once installed, load Train Sim World 2 and your add-ons will have returned.
    If the issue persists, can you explain exactly what doesn't work in more detail, please? Screenshots and video clips would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  10. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

It's working however I now have another problem. I didn't know whether to reply with it so I started a new thread. Apologies if this is wrong.

I had the Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr route but now it's disappeared and isn't show in my DLC list, the PS Store doesn't even show it as purchased. I definitely own it as I have trophies for completing scenarios on it.

11. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi rustyknight07,

We are glad to hear your game is back to normal now. However, if you don't have a valid purchase receipt for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr there is not much we can do.

Please note that a few routes were temporarily made available to Train Sim World 2 players for free, in which time you may have earned some trophies. This included Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, East Coastway, and Peninsula Corridor. These have since been removed.

If you don't own these routes, you will need to purchase them to continue playing them.

12. dofflesplays#6419

dofflesplays#6419 New Member

Hi I have got those routes in the collectors edition for tsw2 disc edition and I can't see them under my downloads or in game. I also can't play any of my routes I have payed for.

I am on ps4

13. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Before graduating to Steam, I got TSW2 PS4 in both the digital and disc versions (the latter bought used as a backup when I happened to see it in GameStop), so I've just tried both out.

First, downloaded my full TSW2 library from from PSN, which included the Collector's Edition routes plus a few others. Ran without a hitch.

Second, deleted that and installed the CE from disc. Got the "outstanding updates" error above. Since I already have the digital license for the three bonus routes, I downloaded just those from PSN, and then the game started fine.

Hope this is useful.

14. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Can I make an emotional request from the [removed - JD] at DTG

I realise you will never deliver on the promised fixes to the umpteen problems on most of your routes but pretty please will you stop trying to completely [removed - JD] my install with your feeble minded attempts at updates constantly causing more problems than they fix?

[removed - JD - understand it's an emotional request, but tone isn't acceptable]

15. Gricehead

Gricehead New Member

So having read the patch notes linked above, the 1.92 patch was about correcting entitlements (subtext mentioned elsewhere: removing routes that people didn't have entitlement to)
    But what it seems to have done is remove the entitlement for the three routes included in Collectors Edition from those customers who bought Collectors Edition on disc. (East Coastway + the other two)
    And for some of those customers the game will not now function at all.
    This is not about redownloading content, as these customers have never downloaded this content - it was on the disc in the first place.

Can we please have a rollback of v1.92 until you can come up with a fix?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There is no need to be so rude and obnoxious.

• Like Like x 3
  17. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

If someone wants to avoid this mess, yet be able to still play TSW2 - turn off your connection to internet in Settings -> Network -> untick 'Connect to internet'

Otherwise, even if you have automatic application updates turned off, it will still start downloading this patch (and eventually install it) in the background every time you'll start the game.

18. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

LOL! Do you know what is obnoxious?

Your brown nosing grovel fest in defence of the thieves and liars at DTG. One day when you grow a backbone you may realise how silly you look trying to defend the indefensible.

I have given these morons the benefit of the doubt for years and behaved in a civil manner. What did that achieve? Nothing. DTG carried on putting out sub standard products to line their wallets whilst promising bug fixes that never came.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I am sick of these [removed - JD - abusive language] repeatedly causing problems to their customers and have earnt the right to call them out regarding their total failure with the TSW title.

If you don't like it then request that I get banned. Does it seem like I bloody care anymore about a bunch of stupid losers?

• Like Like x 1
  19. trpted

trpted Member

While I have not updated yet, how does one rollback?

Please and thank you

20. jay#8694

jay#8694 New Member

Ps4 collectors edition got peninsula and est coastway back but never purchased the rhine one

21. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Only one person looks like a loser here.

It's a game and if your getting so irate about it maybe yout mommy and daddy should take your console away.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Gricehead

Gricehead New Member

As far as I know you can't. DTG would have to release a new patch rolling back 1.92 to the previous version. It might be quicker than finding, fixing and testing the issue and then building a new patch for that, and would allow those of us affected to play the game whilst this takes place.

23. DTG JD

Hey folks,

Appreciate the frustration, and thank you for the additional information - it does appear to be related to Collectors' Edition. We're working hard on getting this fixed for you.

EDIT: I've tidied up some of the comments on this thread that involve name-calling. Appreciate that people are upset, but please try to remain civil.

• Like Like x 2
  24. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Whilst I agree that people shouldn't be rude about it I do thi k it's a bit poor that you happily release new content whilst not fixing outstanding issues. I got corrupted data and ended up back at level 1 and I don't have the same love for the game since then.

25. Gricehead

Gricehead New Member

Thanks JD. It's good to get acknowledgement that it's a Collectors' Edition issue.
    I'm happy to help with any further diagnostic/fix attempts that are required - you can contact me via support ticket reference 51220

26. DTG JD

The update in question is here - https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...patch-notes-november-21st-console-only.61805/ - and was designed to solve issues some players were experiencing after the Add-ons Manager update.

27. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

My error code was 'northrhinenmainline

I was also' missing' the Haupstreke Rhine Ruhr route from my dlc thumbnails after the 1.92 update.

I don't have the collectors edition, but the TSW 2020 Deluxe digital edition, TSW2, plus TSW2 preservation updates.

I followed all the steps listed by DTG to restore the missing DLC.

When I reached the restore licences page I encountered an error and was unable to complete this step.

When I reached the' missing' dlc in my PS4 store purchases, it was already showing as installed. However, upon pressing 'options' for the HRR dlc, I opted to 'start' HRR.

This did start TSW2 and HRR. Upon checking my route thumbnails at the first menu page in TSW2, HRR had been restored to the lineup of all my dlcs.

In summary, although HRR was not showing as a thumbnail picture at the start, it was probably still installed and only the thumbnail was missing.

Hope this helps.

28. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

It isn't just the Collectors' Edition as that is what I have. I upgraded from TSW2020 to TSW2 when it first came out. Digital version. I got back all but one of the routes I had purchased.

29. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

I had that problem. A guide I found online when I search for the error code told me to go through my trophy list on the console and delete, from the trophy list, games that had zero trophies. I found a few games I'd downloaded and not finished. Deleting them from the trophies list fixed the error and my licences restored OK. I still didn't have that route though.

30. jay#8694

jay#8694 New Member

Is this issue going to be fixed I still can't play it

31. Notverymightymac

Notverymightymac New Member

Hi,

My son has the collector's edition on disc. I've tried the above steps and also tried rebuilding the database. We're still getting the pop up notification, about an outstanding update. As far as I can tell, all of his routes are showing in the menu, but none will actually load, including those that came with the disc. On the Ps4 library all are showing as installed.

The routes are:
    Cathcart circle line, south eastern high speed, northern trans pennine, west somerset, main-spessart bahn, oakville subdivision, west cornwall local, london commuter, schnell fahrstrecke köln, london underground bakerloo line, sandpatch grade, great western express, long island rail road, rapid transit and LGV méditerranée

32. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member