Updates On F40ph-2cat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cyclone, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I was watching a streamer earlier today playing Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - Gilroy on a custom RBJets scenario, the first in a series there. He had trouble with the train suddenly running emergency brakes without explanation. He managed to somehow savescum the train back into motion and finish the scenario normally, but the issue occurred again on the second scenario earlier this evening. He bitterly quit and moved on to a truck simulator instead. Do we know whether the issues brought up back in 2017 ever got fixed? Or whether the system in question that causes the ghostly emergency brake application can be disabled? It seems he had issues getting power back to the train, and the manual gave no information on how to get it going again, something a manual really should provide (in fact, not many do that).

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Since you noted there has been no official confirmation, I'd like to know from DTG whether they are ever planning to fix this themselves. After all, it's ridiculous to ask someone to pay for the content and then have to pay another amount elsewhere to make it work. In this case, it's only about $7 CDN and the train came with the route instead of being its own DLC, so it's not as huge of an issue as it would be if the loco was sold by itself (one could argue the scenarios came with the route and you need the train separately, like other DLC clusterjunks in the hierarchy). That said, the person in question last nite was extremely bitter over his experience with the DLC. Naturally, a DTG fix would circumvent any attempt to fix it independently, so their input on this is important.

Thank you as well for the link. I have passed it on. Since I later bought this half of the route (which includes the San Jose one in the same bundle, so it's literally the full route now and a good deal from that view), the loss of one train merely removes a few scenarios from playability, but another note from the streamer stated on his stream in a reply to me was that having to edit an official scenario means the DLC is broken and not working and should not be sold as-is. From that aspect, I believe he is correct and the issue needs to be resolved once and for all, not swept under a rug. Having not played it yet, I am not affected by it, but since I own it, I eventually will see for myself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, had no idea these guys were around.