Updates To In Game Map

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by david.hurst, May 18, 2020.

1. david.hurst

david.hurst New Member

I'd love to see an update to the in game map. Adding labels for station and yard names, and other track features would greatly enhance its usability. It would also help in learning the routes without having to refer to a separate maps from the online manuals.

It would also be good if speed limit markers could be added to the map. Although the hud can display the next approaching limit, when there are limit changes in close proximity (such as when you are changing tracks) it’s often impossible to reduce your speed enough with just the hud display. Having these on the map would make it easier to be pre warned, and again help the learning of the routes.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Great idea on updating the route map (for all routes) to at least show all station/yard names... I was thinking about that too. It can’t be that hard to do, and I’m sure other players would like to see this as well. Thanks for posting!

3. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Yes this would be really useful. On the other hand it would be useful to have next speed change on the hud as is now the case, but to add another one which would be a little bit behind and smaller. That other speed change would be the second next speed change. Like that we would prepare in advance for any speed change that is close to the next one. Especially improtant when after for example we have next speed limit change to 50 and just after that in say 200 yards change to 10 mph.

4. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

This has been asked for since day one of release as the 2D map is as much use as a chocolate fireguard, alas, we still await... and wait....and wait....

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Maybe the map has so little information on it because of how long it currently takes to open the map in some routes. If lots more information was added to the current version of the map it might take forever to load. I already get frustrated while waiting for the map to load the first time on many routes. I hope they can sort this out soon, not only the lack of information but the loading time for the map too. You would think that station names would be an absolute minimum but there is no text on the map at all. It’s a long time coming if they are trying to improve it but I wouldn’t want them to slow down the loading of the map by adding too much info to the current version.