Upgrading With Rushour

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Jun 30, 2021.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

One that somebody from the Community can hopefully answer.

In last nights Roadmap stream it was announced that different versions will be released PS4 & PS5 for example. What will be the position if you own both like I do with a PS5 in the lounge and a PS4 in the bedroom. Will I have access to both versions after purchasing or will two purchases need to be made?

2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Assuming you have a digital copy of the game and not disc… and using the same PSN account on both. Believe it’ll be just £24.99 you’ll be parting ways with.

(digital assumption meaning you won’t need to move the Blu Ray around to play each time)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Basically , whichever console you purchase it on , it will download on both , so it will download the PS4 version to the PS4 , and visa versa with the ps5

4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I need to check this but just to point out for your research I remember reading that a psn account can have 1 primary ps4 and 1 primary ps5 attached to it.
    Like I said I need to go dig that up it was some time ago I read that in sony's info, but I would have thought that would point to being able to download for both machines without penalty.
    Please go and check it out first though.

5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You are correct in stating that you can only have 1 primary console registered for each generation of PS systems.
    I only have 1 PS5 so it's not an issue there but as I have 3 PS4s (2x pro and 1x 1Tb), I often run into the activate as primary issue when using my non-primary PS4.

I believe that you will have access to the PS5 version on the PS5 and the PS4 version on the PS4. Progress probably won't be synched between the different versions though.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is likely the situation I will be in later in the year. I will have one of each, a PS4 and PS5 both on the same one account, Mrs Stujoy has the account in her name as I didn’t use the PS4 until I discovered TSW2020 so we just decided to share.

Before even considering how many devices we are allowed by Sony or whether there will be different purchases required for PS4 and PS5 versions of DLC, I was assuming I would have to buy the PS5 version of TSW2 and the DLC would get upgraded in the same way Preserved Collection works now. As of right now, and having started actually thinking about it, I have no idea how anything will work but am learning more about PS5 as I go. And I’m trying not to worry, although I am a natural worrier.

I am very eager to find out how it all will work and the sooner DTG can tell us the better.

7. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

We are constantly told that DTG constantly monitor and reply to appropriate threads on these forums well it appears not as not for the first time I have posted a thread requesting an answer from DTG and like this time nothing. This results in posts that basically are guess work as to how things will work.

8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I see Matt replying back as well as I see Natalie replying back in the forums, see Jamie a bit not as much though. Sometimes Adam if he he is allowed out of his cage...lol

9. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well pity they don’t reply when specific questions are asked when the only factual answer can only come from them.

10. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Probably as its the weekend perhaps. Also some of the DTG are at an event at the Royal Chatham dockyard working their weekend as well maybe.

Regards
    Hentis

Attached Files:

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The first line of your post...
    If you ask for community answers why then moan if nobody from DTG directly responds...?

The answer to your question isn't yet fully clear, but from what Matt was saying on the roadmap stream I surmise that the core of the game will be the same on all Playstations, that UE will detect what platform you're on (PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5) and download the appropriate DLC, so rather than having a "PS5 license" or a "PS4 license" you will still have a "PS Store license" and the install on the specific machine will decide which version of the DLC to download.
    This will mean that everyone who has "Cathcart Circle" will see only one version on the PS Store, only one version on their PS hard disk and only one version in game

12. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

This community has always provided answers for my many stupid questions and has always been very patient with me. As for DTG? If there is anything THEY think we need to know no doubt they will tell us as soon as they can.