Using Workshop Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pcturner2, Jun 12, 2020.

1. pcturner2

pcturner2 New Member

I've browsed a number of workshop scenarios and would like to run some of them. What is the procedure for selecting and running some? What does "Subscribe" mean?

2. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Subscribing to a WS means that the next time TS20XX is run, it downloads that particular scenario into the appropriate route. In TS20XX itself it is best not to run the scenario from the "WORKSHOP" tab but to run it from the "Career", Standard", "QD" and/or "freeRoam" tab as is appropriate. Please remember, once you no longer require the WS scenario you must UNSUBCRIBE it (best via Steam) - just deleting it doesn't work as the next time you open TS, the scenartio will be downloaded again.
    Method via Steam:
    Open Steam and highlight Train Simulator.
    Click on The Workshop Tab
    Click Browse then Subscribed items.
    Individually unsubscribe each scenario or choose Unsubscribe all to get rid of the lot.

pH

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Technically, when you subscribe, it's downloaded immediately via the Steam client. The game simply adds it the next time it's run.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

And good luck making sure you have the 150 gazzilion routes and a Googolplex of AP enhancements to run them.

5. pcturner2

pcturner2 New Member

Okay. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

This is a valid point. Occasionally, you need to download a DPSimulations skin, or have a certain enhancement pack. It can get to be a nuisance sometimes. I'm starting to get TSW theories based on this workshop, actually...