Vanishing Collection? Why??

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Aug 29, 2022.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just noticed this announcement on Steam:

upload_2022-8-29_9-19-36.png

Since TSW2020 still appears in the "preferred platform", why will "Train Sim World 2" vanish? Since I have an icon for TSW2 on my desktop, I shouldn't have to think about how to run it after September 6 (something I'm sure I'll want to do from time to time, just as I still run TSW2020 to revisit the New York route's freight operations), but this decision still strikes me as ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

You just can't buy TSW2 anymore

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

I believe they mean that you will no longer be able to purchase TSW1 and 2, not that they will be removed from your library. I guess they want to stop people buying them to get a bunch of routes cheap...

• Like Like x 3
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

They are burying TSW2 as we expected. Probably means we can kiss goodbye to any significant core updates too, despite the original promise for the “pause”.

• Like Like x 7
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

so basically if you dont want to buy TSW3 but faniced getting a few of the TSW2 DLC to complete your collections in the coming months, tough. If you havent purchased it by 6/9 (9/6 for our American friends) you aint buying it.

Id assume those of us on Steam will be ok for a few months as legit steam key resellers will still have some keys to off load.

• Like Like x 1
  6. eldomtom2

Only really for TSW1 stuff. I haven't found any resellers with TSW2 DLC aside from LGV and SEHS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

You still can buy dlcs for tsw 2 after 6/9/2022.

8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

No ... owners of TSW2 will still be able to purchase TSW2 DLC, it is just the base game of TSW2 which is going off sale. DLC for TSW1/2/3 is being merged into a single store page. When you buy DLC, whichever version of TSW that DLC works for will install for that version indicated via the "TSW compatible" badge

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If you're right, it's a chilling thought. I don't like to think that DTG would break that promise. There will still be a sizable nunber of players on TSW2, including me, for the longer US freight routes, which will need save game, at least for the time being, and we will expect those updates for BML, SFJ and OSD etc.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Fanatical (known before as Bundle Stars) is selling keys for DLCs for both TSW and TSW2.

11. eldomtom2

Yes, they have a few TSW2 DLCs. But only Preserved Collection stuff + SEHS and LGV.

12. acro

acro Active Member

So did you not read it or what? It's literally delisting it from the store as all content will be superseded by that of TSW 3, if you already own the game you can still download, install and uninstall to your hearts content just as you can with any other unlisted product that you own on steam.

• Helpful Helpful x 1