Vehicles Through Railroad Crossings And Smoke Over Road Bridges.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by grdaniel48, May 27, 2020.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi, I have 3 things to comment:

One is something dissapointed me about TSW, and it was there are no vehicles crossing the rails!
    (But I noticed persons doing it!)
    I think is part of the real view of a train engeneer, to see vehicles crossing far away, and of course when approaching that must stop!
    Then when you go through the crossing with the train, you will see the vehicles waiting for the train pass.
    Furthermore, I noticed the crossing gates, and the ligths are always down and on. Not only when the train passes,, as it might be.
    This was available on the first Train Simulator from Microsoft.
    May be this is more sophisticated, and for some reason it will be no so easy to make it.
    But this will add real thing to the sim.
    Hope you can developed it!

Second one, is a minor one, but I noticed when the train passes below a road bridge, the smoke goes through the pavement, with the train.
    This just to take note, if you do not already noticed. For developers of course

Third one, is the EOT device, must not be included on locomotives!
    At least for US ones. As I noticed they use it on UK ones.
    I believe there is a way on softare to differenciate a wagon and a locomotive, in order this device be not included.

Hope this be useful.
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  2. grdaniel48

I have just noticed, there is another previous post about the vehicles and pedestrian crossing the rails issue I proposed.
    As I am new on this Forum, please sorry me about it!
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is a thing in TSW where AI trains really don’t know which way they are pointing. This happens when an AI train starts off one way and the loco then runs around the train and sets off in the other direction. You get an EOT device on the leading loco and the driver in the second (or third) loco, or on twin cab locos like in the UK, in the wrong cab, facing backwards. It looks ridiculous and I don’t know why it can’t be fixed.

Even when you are driving a train it sometimes shows the signal behind you when you stop because the sim thinks you have been reversing the whole way. This is a right pain when driving the Class 31 on a passenger service on the TVL route because the HUD shows the wrong signal and speed limit ahead at every station stop.

• Like Like x 1
  4. grdaniel48

Stujoy,
    Yes, I noticed what you mentioned too.
    Thank you very much for your reply and further explanations.

Today I noticed something wrong about EOT, but not related with locomotives.
    It is related when they must be used! .Thus is, at the back of a freight train.
    I was running at night an UP train on Penninsula Corridor, and looking at the back of the train, I noticed the shape of the EOT, but I did not see any light. So I get closer to it, and there I noticed a very little one. As it is.when you are close. A relative small LED one
    Then I started to go away of it, and for several meters, I did not see nothing!
    But when you are far away of it, suddenly you see a strong and relative big red light!

So I believe this is another issue developers might fix.
    This might be like signals ones. You always see them, Bigger when you are far from them, and getting smaller when you are getting close!

Please check it, and confirm if it happens to someone else, in order to make a notification for developers
    Regards

• Like Like x 2
  5. grdaniel48

I also noticed, when I turn on the light speedometer of the UP GP38, (which is controlled by a separate switch - close to it - from the rest of the instruments), I drive the train, but later I have to left the game, so I save it. When I return to it, the light of the speedo, is off! The rest of the instruments are on. So when saving is not considering this switch position.
    This might be fixed too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, I posted about the light on the EOT device light issue on another thread. The thing they do with signals, and they are making this more pronounced now for daytime running, is that you see a large corona around the light to imitate how signals and other light sources can be seen from great distances, which helps when looking out for signals at speed. As you get closer to the signal the corona effect diminishes as you see the actual light get bigger. This effect isn’t used on train headlights, which is why you often see the light they cast on the ground before you see the actual light. With the EOT device they appear to have tried the corona effect but got it badly wrong, as it doesn’t fade gently into seeing the light close up, it just disappears at quite a distance, when the LOD of the graphics change, and the actual light texture is far too dim and small with no visible corona.

One thing I take from this is that they should do it with all the light sources that are seen from a distance and make the effect consistent throughout, as it does mimic what the human eye sees in reality but they need to get it right alongside the level of detail changes or it looks bad.

You also mentioned things changing when reloading from a save. Lots of things can go wrong there as the save function isn’t very good at all. It does need fixing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Yea, I also have those same complaints in TSW, unfortunately, DTG might not add these features, as much as I want them too:(

8. grdaniel48

Hi Metrolink,
    Yes, it seems there are several issues, several people noticed.
    Hope the developers, could fix them on next updates or TSW 2021!.
    I believe this train sim it is feels so real, it not be easy to make other things availabe on other older train sims.
    Even I run on PS4 where we can not adjust graphic definition. Due to the console could not handle more load.

One thing I will desire could be seen on high detail are the locomotive instruments! Mainly the one with screens.
    There is something you are always checking!

• Like Like x 1
  9. grdaniel48

I found some road crossings with vehicles on LIRR!
    TSW - GATE CROSSING.jpg TSW - GATE CROSSING - 2.jpg
    But they are static!
    Despite of that, this could be also used on others ones.
    As you will notice them just one passing by, so no difference.
    I believe this is better than not having nothing.
    Meanwhile they could find how full vehicle crossing the rails will work.
    Just an idea.

• Like Like x 2